StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · penny crap pick<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up
jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53484
Ignore jrbikes
modified
7/25/2007 7:04:52 PM

Thank you! Did you look at MVBY, LOL

HAZH
SFLK
MVBY
MBIR
GTRE ( listed last THU.) I think, sometimes I loose track!
also had HMGP on watch list, but I didnt list it cause I was scared based on RSI(2)Weekly and RSI(14) My mistake!

killerdude
32 posts
msg #53487
Ignore killerdude
7/25/2007 9:11:00 PM

How do you narrow things down to maybe 15 - 20 or so stocks a day??

Thanks in advance

Dude

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53490
Ignore jrbikes
modified
7/25/2007 11:01:45 PM

I do a basic scan

Close above EMA(18)
close gained more than 10% in the last one day( or close greater than open)
Draw EMA(18)
Draw RSI(14)
Draw Weekly RSI(2) (thanks TRO)
price between .01 and 5

then I scan the pop up charts manually
I stay away from the low volume, like to be above 250000

try this, pull up the chart on SFLK, 6 month chart, Plot RSI(14) Weekly RSI(2)
draw a trend line, look at the break above trend line, you will see the consolidation in price, look at RSI(14) see it making higher lows, look at Weekly RSI(2) see it making higher lows, Weekly RSI actually makes a triangle
thas what I look for! and thats it, with some slight modifications sometimes! just add your buy signal!

pull up the GTRE chart and do the same thing you will see it again, I cant figure out how to code this with the RSI(14) making higher lows with the price above EMA(18) thats why I have to scan manually, hope this helps! basically I narrow it down with the consolidation with $ above EMA(18) and the RSI(14) higher lows, with volume of course! usually forms a triangle or pennant then breakout after break out, flags! Ive got several charts in my head that have this pattern, and man, when they fly, they fly!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53499
Ignore karennma
7/26/2007 9:06:04 AM

and last ... (just 2 B on the safe side)
:>)
Once you've looked at the charts and narrowed your picks down to 4 or 5 ...
look up the company's profile or news and make sure they haven't filed for bankrupty.
Otherwise, that 0.02 cent stock pick may turn into 0.0001.
:>

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53500
Ignore karennma
7/26/2007 9:06:42 AM

MVBY

that might be another CROX!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53501
Ignore karennma
7/26/2007 9:08:39 AM

a low volume penny stock .. is the kiss of death.

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #53525
Ignore 13th_floor
7/26/2007 4:15:42 PM

BIPH from Jr's filter up 100% to .41
Very nice on 2 million shares.

MVBY
that might be another CROX!

Karen,don't get carried away even with higher volume pennies.
MVBY fell from 2.88 to 1.31 in 1 hour today!
That's not a mis print ,I watched it fall
Remember this is the penny CRAP pick thread and that's what 99% of these are in the long term

13th

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53532
Ignore jrbikes
7/26/2007 11:17:35 PM

Look at Dominoes pizza!

I maintain that pennies are 2 to 5 day holds, 99% of time the sell signal is RSI over 75, thats safer than getting greedy, or you can use the sell half at RSI 75 hold other half just to be funny, yeah, they fall 3 times as fast as they go up, but just watch that sell off on MVBY, many times they shake out the crowd then it goes back up a second time, then the fall really begins! its Thursday night and I have not done anymore scans! Im glad you like my penny filter, I invested a lot of research into this, now apply it to your higher priced stocks, it still works the same! thats the beauty of it! LOL I will be back in few minutes!
Later!

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #53534
Ignore jrbikes
7/27/2007 12:21:49 AM

DSCM
IAGR
ARTG
TIDE

lets see what happens, I dont look at news too much, I will say this, look at BRVO and EBOF Both are in the crapper, head guys are selling off like crazy, there is a reason this is called penny crap pick, but then again if you look at some of the pattern matches from 6 months to 8 months ago, and you held a strict discipline of selling only if close broke EMA(18) you could take a year off! I use this scan to give a buy signal on GT when it was near $11.00 My boss wanted to buy some, he didnt, he was sorry,
its the old adage that has been said many times before on this site, pick your system, stick to it with discipline, have confidence in yourself, USE STOP LOSSES and dont second guess yourself, JUST PICK ONE! ( thanks TRO ) its often been said,(and its true) you can loose 50% of the time and still make money, and I dont need much, for heavens sake, Im just a Dirty White Boy
(thanks foreigner) and by the way, my MENV crapped out on me! gotta love them pennies! cant get all of them! isnt this fun? next scan will be the support buy just before the Break! now thats gonna be tough!

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #53547
Ignore 13th_floor
7/27/2007 7:49:14 AM

Jr,
Here's my crap list for today:

AURC ERFW IGAM ODYC JMAR OEGY PLTG WEDX SREA HMGP ATSX CBMX BPUR VOYT AAGH

Now I know from the past probably only a very few will be up decent today and many of these will also show way too low volume today BUT I don't care because the odds are really good that at least 1 of these will blast off today.
And I also know that because I track these very closely all day for unusual volume spikes and bid/ask action I have a very good chance of catching that 1 or 2 that does fly.
I don't care at all what the other 95% do,only the ones that begin to run.

Yesterday was a great example,I had 20 on my watchlist and only 1 showed me that vol/price action that I wanted to see.
That 1 was BIPH and although I didn't get the whole move from .21 to .41 I did catch 13 cents out of it which made for a very profitable day on a day when the dow was down over 300 points.

Good luck today

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · penny crap pick<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.