StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · same dead bottom as march on friday<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #53626
Ignore MARY4MONEY
7/29/2007 8:39:38 AM

yes is was off a bit because this was the 6 month take down like march-watch what happens next- could be a giant short squeeze- soon- im long in qqqq 59-52 options long in crox from 45----50-70 long in amzn 85-90 long in aapl 155-185 long on rimm cat goog off therir dead bottoms on friday and thurs

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53651
Ignore karennma
7/30/2007 8:55:27 AM

I'm going to agree with M4M on this one.
I get several video emails charting the market.
Last nite I looked at one called "Chartspeak".
The trader kept saying, "this (most recent) drop is different from the others".
But when I looked at the charts on Tim Knight's blog (slopeofhope) I realized this drop is IDENTICAL to the drop we had in March.
So, I'm going long this a.m.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53652
Ignore nikoschopen
7/30/2007 10:36:01 AM

Karen,

On Friday, the Dow formed what looks like the head portion of the head and shoulders pattern. However, S&P broke below the neckline. Should this turn out to be a head & shoulders pattern, then I would also agree that there will be a dead cat bounce. But if we are to close below the neckline (Friday's low), we're likely to go down some more.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #53658
Ignore maxreturn
7/30/2007 11:41:41 AM

Karen...Normally when the SPX plows below the EMA50 on strong volume you can usually expect a double bottom on the daily charts which finds support around the EMA200. This is the normal setup for a reversal in the direction of the LT trend. If you're going long I hope your time horizon is very short.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53659
Ignore karennma
7/30/2007 11:59:40 AM

oh kewl!
here's the video ... (7/29/07)
http://www.leavittbrothers.com/chartspeak/

Except for MA, I did get out of the "garbage" I was holding long (crap stocks I try to make a few hundred on), but kept the puts.
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53660
Ignore karennma
7/30/2007 12:03:23 PM

In fact ....
stockcharts has "Trader Jason's" chart under "bullish %".
I was going to post them this morning, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
:>(
Anyway ... symbols on stockcharts are:
$BPCOMPQ
$BPSPX

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53668
Ignore karennma
7/30/2007 1:44:45 PM

Ya' know ...
I'm going to stop buying stocks that come up in my filters because during times like this, I don't like having 4 or 5 stocks I don't know heads or tails about.
I'm going to just stick with 2 stocks that I "know".
It'll be more like a "daily grind", but a lot easier than suffering "buyer's remorse" every week.
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53669
Ignore karennma
7/30/2007 1:50:28 PM

Re: $BPCOMPQ and $BPSPX

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate this favor...
If any of you guys find the page on stockcharts that has the chart matrix of these symbols, would you please post it.
I STILL can't find the freggin' page.
This is very frustrating. It's a page with about 20 pre-set charts on market "barometers".
THANKS.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53678
Ignore nikoschopen
7/30/2007 4:22:53 PM

So was this a dead-cat bounce, or was it a dead-cat past its nine lives bounce??

hamelbs
1 posts
msg #53681
Ignore hamelbs
7/30/2007 5:07:24 PM

Re: $BPCOMPQ and $BPSPX

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate this favor...

Is this what you're looking for?

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorites.CServlet?obj=msummary&cmd=show,iday[Y]&disp=SXA

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · same dead bottom as march on friday<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.