StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · specific candle pattern<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
jrbikes
624 posts
msg #54805
Ignore jrbikes
modified
9/14/2007 9:58:07 PM

I read Tools and Tactics of the master day trader some time ago, got me hooked on this stock stuff, anyway, the way I understood it, the whole (or most)of the trading strategy is based on a 3 to 5 bar drop, then when the price trades above the previous days high, you enter, and then I realized something, to illustrate this point, look at the chart of TARR, you will see this exact pattern, on a one month chart, and look what happened, it went up, usually you look for a retracement to be no more than 40%, I used this strategy to trade ARSC a couple of years ago (maybe one, I cant remember) and it worked, of course you can trade this strategy on any time frame, daily of course, with the 1,5,15,30 minute chart, and it has a higher probability of succes because you are entering the trade when the price is rising, I also used this on ENR (energy conversion devices), check it out and see what you think!
also you cant switch time frames, if you enter on a daily chart, you sell on daily chart, same goes for any time frame chart!

OH yeah, and you want this 3 to 5 bar drop to be after a previous high, TARR illustrates this point rather well, it was a entry on that pattern, no doubt what so ever!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54848
Ignore karennma
9/16/2007 9:35:19 PM

hey jr:
here's another penny stock for ya'.
CXTIE
http://www.americanbulls.com/StockPage.asp?CompanyTicker=CXTIE&MarketTicker=OTC&TYP=S

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #54849
Ignore jrbikes
modified
9/16/2007 9:49:24 PM

yeah, Ive seen it, I think 13th floor mentioned it a few days ago, or maybe it was the other night, I cant remember, pulled it up on a filter earlier, hey, does anyone feel like telling me how to make filters clickable in the threads? I have done a search and cant find it, help please!

IMDS

I found that American Bulls a few years ago, stock sites EVERYWHERE!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54850
Ignore karennma
9/16/2007 9:57:41 PM

Fetcher[this filter will make U rich]

jr: i think u just have to use these []

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #54851
Ignore jrbikes
modified
9/16/2007 9:59:43 PM

Fetcher[show stocks where the price has reached a new high in the last 10 days
close between .01 and 5
volume above 300000
Weekly RSI(2) above 75
MFI(15) above 50
RSI(14) above 50
]

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #54853
Ignore johnpaulca
9/16/2007 10:10:35 PM

Fetcher[Show stocks where high reached a new 1 year high in the last 10 days
and close between .01 and 5
and volume above 300000
and Weekly RSI(2) above 75
and MFI(15) above 50
and RSI(14) above 50
]

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #54854
Ignore jrbikes
modified
9/16/2007 10:11:32 PM

ah haaaaaaaaaa, I figured it out!

weeeeeeeeee!

Thanks Karennma, and Mr. John

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54855
Ignore karennma
9/16/2007 10:14:13 PM

karennma
- Edit message 9/16/2007 10:03:52 PM

jrbikes
- Ignore jrbikes
modified 9/14/2007 9:58:07 PM

I read Tools and Tactics of the master day trader some time ago, got me hooked on this stock stuff, anyway, the way I understood it, the whole (or most)of the trading strategy is based on a 3 to 5 bar drop, then when the price trades above the previous days high, you enter, and then I realized something, to illustrate this point, look at the chart of TARR, you will see this exact pattern, on a one month chart, frame chart!
OH yeah, and you want this 3 to 5 bar drop to be after a previous high, TARR illustrates this point rather well, it was a entry on that pattern, no doubt what so ever!
===========================

Ya' know .. I never see ads on SF, but earlier tonite I did.
One was for some software you can program to do exactly what you've just explained. I just checked my URL history, but I can't find the website.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #54856
Ignore jrbikes
modified
9/16/2007 10:18:55 PM

you can see that pattern quite often, stockfetcher has the User Definable Candle Patterns, but it takes so long to go through them!

I just seen it on one of the stocks from that filter!

its NFLD

Traders Edge, I will check it out!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54857
Ignore karennma
9/16/2007 10:19:54 PM

There it is!

http://www.traders-edge.com/

See the one that says, "Pattern based on up and down days"

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · specific candle pattern<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.