StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · the "newest" Elder thread<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >>Post Follow-up
chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65351
Ignore chetron
modified
7/23/2008 6:41:38 AM

if you run the filter and click on histocal on any result, replace ticker symbol with either S or Q. i used these as my model.

also the larger the time frame is, cuts out equities that maybe valid plays. that i like to do myself. i like a balance of hits v.s. validity. you are the grail.

which code do you like better?

cheTROn
lol

i ain't no TRO even though it is in my name technically.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65352
Ignore chetron
7/23/2008 7:14:59 AM

actually, i shouldn't assume.....

Fetcher[

/* tachikawa */

38 day slope macd histogram(24,48) above 0
38 day slope close below 0
macd histogram(24,48) above 0
low 25 day low below low 25 day low 25 day ago
rsi(12) above rsi(12) 1 day ago
williams %r(12) above williams %r(12) 1 day ago

close above .3
volume above 100000

]

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65357
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/23/2008 9:52:37 AM

"Thanks TRO! How did you choose the time parameters over other larger possibilities?"

Uhhh....Arby? In over 11 pages, "TRO" hasn't even shown his face in this thread. So let's give credit, where credit is due! "chetron" is the one that made those filters for you. NOT TheExaltedOne!

- RIGGS -

arby347
87 posts
msg #65369
Ignore arby347
7/23/2008 5:57:20 PM

Thanks for straightening me out RIGGS, sorry Chetron.

arby347
87 posts
msg #65371
Ignore arby347
7/23/2008 6:12:15 PM

Yes, Chetron technically speaking I put two and two together and got five.
I think what Elder was trying to do might be more on the several week duration(maybe), but I clearly see the value in having more hits to look at.
Your filter alone without any other additional indicators identified some big moves between March and May of this year.

RIGGS in one of your posts you said something like don't get me started on the LR(20). Can I get you started? I have been using LRS(20,) the slope of the LR for a long time.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65373
Ignore chetron
7/23/2008 7:14:52 PM

no problem, arby. sorry it took so long. the filter does perform nicely. maybe elder ray would have got more hits if he used stockfetcher. hmmm?

lol

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65381
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/23/2008 11:35:19 PM

"RIGGS in one of your posts you said something like don't get me started on the LR(20). Can I get you started? I have been using LRS(20,) the slope of the LR for a long time. "

Arby -

This is NOT the LR "slope" I was refering too. It's the Linear Regression "Indicator(20)." BIG difference! I introduced it to the forum about 3-years ago, but it fell on deaf ears. The few that use it as a leading indicator, use the (10) period. But I found that when you use a (20) period, it acts as one of the most reliable reversal signals you will EVER find in your trading toolbox! So let's put it to work, shall we?....

Pull up ANY stock and watch what happens whenever LRI(20) catches up to that stock at the bottom of a chart, and then either touches that candle or gets below it. 90% of the time it marks a reversal in the current trend. Pull up a 1-year chart on the Dow Jones Industrial. Do you see what happens EVERYTIME it "catches up BELOW?" Now look what happens EVERYTIME it "catches up" ABOVE the DJI.

I don't need to give you different stocks and dates to prove my point...you can CLEARLY see this incredible discovery on your own with again, ANYTHING you pull up! Now, couple that with my DMA thoery...and you've just found yourself the Hold Grail of the ages IMO. Also, check out what happens when LRI(20) cuts through a candlestick at the bottom or top of a trend. It's almost as if the LRI(20) is saying...."tag, you're it!"...and then takes off running. Check it out...

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

arby347
87 posts
msg #65400
Ignore arby347
modified
7/24/2008 9:19:28 AM

See next

arby347
87 posts
msg #65401
Ignore arby347
7/24/2008 9:38:09 AM

Can't deny what's in front of me! It's blatant. Thanks for showing it again. I will find and read your old posts RIGGS.

In your spare time check out the slope of the LR(20). [(LRS(20)]
It's reversal,especially after big 2-3 per year declines in a stock is fairly reliable. The problem is that it will reverse and then only give a small bounce or worse. I have been tryiing to use LRS(20) in the most productive way. If anyone has any ideas.....

arby347
87 posts
msg #65403
Ignore arby347
7/24/2008 9:48:55 AM

Clarifying last post. The LRS(20) works very well most times, but I have been trying to figure out how to avoid acting on the signals that don't workout. Coupling it with indicators for confirmation might be the only answer.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · the "newest" Elder thread<< 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.