StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · the "newest" Elder thread<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65137
Ignore alf44
modified
7/17/2008 10:35:00 PM

chetron...that is so unfair and misinformed...I won't even respond !!!

I'll just chalk it up to YOU being relatively NEW here and not appreciating the fact that...

...we've been down this "RIGGS ROAD" of...

...CAP LOCK THREAD TITLES...

...BLUSTER...accompanied with RIDICULE...

...AND...outright MISREPRESENTATIONS (and I'm being kind)...a thousand times before !!!

----------------------------------------------------------

At some point...one has to decide whether they want to turn a blind eye and let the charade go on (as apparently YOU have chosen to do)...

...OR...instead...

...offer an OBJECTIVE viewpoint...(as I and a few others HERE at SF have chosen to do)...

GLTY !!!

Regards,

alf44

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65156
Ignore FuriousThug
7/18/2008 1:21:59 AM

Maybe I indeed am an idiot but I'm going to ask this anyway:

arby347 7/1/2008 11:14:58 PM

Fetcher[
Show stocks where -DI(13 ) above +DI(13) within the last 2 days
Show stocks where -DI(13) above ADX(13,13) within the last 2 days
slope of -DI(13 ) below 0

slope of Ema(9) > 0

Bullpower is above Bearpower
Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
Bearpower above bearpower 1 day ago

2 days ago weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) below weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 3 days ago and
1 day ago weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) below weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 2 days ago and
weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) above weekly MACD Histogram(12,26)
1 day ago
draw weekly MACD Histogram(12,26)

Draw RSI(2)
Draw Williams %R(2)
Draw Williams %R(7)
add column RSI(2)
]

----------------
If this were indeed a long screen, and the idea was to buy on a pullback, would we not be looking for this in the MACD instead?

2 days ago weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) ABOVE weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 3 days ago and
1 day ago weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) ABOVE weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 2 days ago and
weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) BELOW weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 1 day ago

That seems more likely to return stocks trending upwards and showing that one tick down...no?
All I know is that changing those around sure made things look a lot clearer, both in the long and short versions.
FT

arby347
87 posts
msg #65157
Ignore arby347
7/18/2008 1:49:47 AM

For the weekly trend I am looking for when it reverses its slope from .
Negative to positive. I am using this as the first screen. It seems to work.
In his 3rd screen, the one used for determining entry, Elder takes his 2-day force index, waits until it goes below zero, followed by going above zero. If that happens then he says to enter when the price exceeds the high of the previous day. FT, is that what you are trying to do?

arby347
87 posts
msg #65159
Ignore arby347
7/18/2008 1:56:12 AM

Oh, I forgot:

Unless someone has a better way to code this, I would add this line to the filter:

weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) < 0

This would ensure that the reversal is coming from negative territory

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65160
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
7/18/2008 2:17:40 AM

I'm looking at this as a continuation rather than a trend reversal. I'm looking for this filter to identify a pullback or throwback based on an opposite tick to the long-term trend, i.e., daily declines as presenting buying opportunities in a longer-term uptrend, daily rallies indicating shorting opportunities.

And I temporarily took out the line you mentioned as I realized that was applicable more for trend reversals than continuations.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65161
Ignore chetron
modified
7/18/2008 6:48:49 AM

- Ignore arby347 7/18/2008 1:56:12 AM

Oh, I forgot:

Unless someone has a better way to code this, I would add this line to the filter:

Fetcher[

weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) < 0
weekly MACD fast line < 0
weekly MACD slow line < 0

]

This would ensure that the reversal is coming from negative territory

FYI, IF THE HISTOGRAM IS LESS THAN 0, YOU COULD HAVE THE FAST LINE AND/OR SLOW LINE ABOVE 0 AT THE SAME TIME. I DON'T KNOW HOW NEGATIVE YOU WANT TO BE. OF COURSE IF YOU WANT TO BE REALLY NEGATIVE, THEN YOU WOULD WANT THE FAST AND SLOW BELOW 0 ALSO, ABOVE 0 AND IT IS JUST A PULL BACK.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65168
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/18/2008 9:57:42 AM

WITH ALL THE FOOT STOMPING ALFS BEEN DOING TO RUIN AT LEAST 3 SEPARATE THREADS ABOUT THE ELDER RAY, I AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE THE INDICATOR IS " MAGIC ".

THE FEAR THAT ALF HAS THAT ANYONE WHO LEARNS THE ELDER RAY INDICATOR WILL BE TAKING AWAY THE ONLY EDGE HE HAS LEFT. IT MUST BE ALF'S "MRI' INTO THE MARKET.

I AM GOING TO HAVE TO STARTING READING UP ON THIS, BECAUSE IF IT IS THIS IMPORTANT TO ALF, IT'S GOT TO BE A "HOLOGRAM"

Finally someone ELSE in this forum has the GO-NADS to voice his disgust toward this "unfair, misinfored" CLOWN (ALF). Can you believe him?...did he say "chetron's" post was "unfair" and "misinformed?" Boy, if that ain't calling the kettle black, I don't know what is? Nice going "Chet"...I always knew I wasn't the only bully hater in the community!

RIGGS

arby347
87 posts
msg #65175
Ignore arby347
7/18/2008 11:04:35 AM

FT, I was going to say that you could keep the rest of my filter as written and make the MACD > 0, then youmight be closer to what yu are looking for: a pullback, but not a reversal. Thanks Chetron for your enhancement. Maybe in today's market place, a reveral from below 0 will give a big bang. (Elder, I think prefers this approach all the time). Later on, after sustained rallies, buying into strength from pullbacks would be more productive.

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65198
Ignore FuriousThug
7/18/2008 6:50:02 PM

Thanks, folks. I'm finally seeing what I've been looking for. Here's what I'm using on the short side to screen. The LRC helps spot the trend quickly. There're multiple WR% and FI plots as I'm still hashing through old charts in manual backtests, studying to see how they behave. I also have the volume, price criteria set as is because I want the optionable stocks that will likely come back with a reasonable spread.
Sorry for the confusion earlier, Arby; I should have stated from the beginning that I was trying to get to a pullback/throwback screen rather than a trend reversal.
Revising the long screen as well, but I'm not sure when that'll be safe to let out of the basement. Again, thanks folks...specifically you, WSG.
FT

Fetcher[/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE RSI(7) */

set{rsval, INDPOSITION(RSI(7), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(7) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(7), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE CCI(7) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(7), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MR CCIWLR CHART */
Bullpower is above Bearpower
Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
Bearpower below bearpower 1 day ago
Bullpower is above 0

set{BUY_ME,macd(7,12,3)}
set{SHORT_ME,macd(5,3,3)}
set{cross_me,buy_me - short_me}

SET{LONG,COUNT(BUY_ME CROSSED ABOVE SHORT_ME,1)}
SET{SHORT,COUNT(SHORT_ME CROSSED ABOVE BUY_ME,1)}
Draw SHORT_ME on plot BUY_ME
draw weekly MACD Histogram(12,26)
Draw Williams %R(2) line at 0
Draw Williams %R(5) line at 0
Draw FI(2) line at 0
Draw FI(13) line at 0
Draw Linear Regression Channel(60)
Draw RSI(2)

2 days ago weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) below weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 3 days ago and
1 day ago weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) below weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 2 days ago and
weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) above weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) 1 day ago
weekly MACD Histogram(12,26) > 0
weekly MACD fast line < 0
weekly MACD slow line < 0

Close is above 10
Stock is optionable

add column RSI(2)
]

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65204
Ignore alf44
modified
7/18/2008 10:35:17 PM

chetron posted...

"...WITH ALL THE FOOT STOMPING ALFS BEEN DOING TO RUIN AT LEAST 3 SEPARATE THREADS ABOUT THE ELDER RAY, I AM BEGINNING TO

"BELIEVE THE INDICATOR IS " MAGIC ".

THE FEAR THAT ALF HAS THAT ANYONE WHO LEARNS THE ELDER RAY INDICATOR WILL BE TAKING AWAY THE ONLY EDGE HE HAS LEFT. IT MUST BE ALF'S "MRI' INTO THE MARKET.

I AM GOING TO HAVE TO STARTING READING UP ON THIS, BECAUSE IF IT IS THIS IMPORTANT TO ALF, IT'S GOT TO BE A "HOLOGRAM" "

It NOW occurs to me that...one might get the impression from reading this thread (as it exists NOW)...that...MY posts...the posts that remain...seem "repetitive"...seem as though I continually posted similar posts...seem as though I was on a RANT...or...as "chet" phrased it..."FOOT STOMPING" !!!

I think it bears noting that...

...in between MY posts...there WERE...WERE... personal attack posts by...well...I think we know by who !!!

Those posts are ...NOW DELETED !!!

SO...SO...for anyone NOW reading this thread...the continuity has forever been ALTERED !!!

AND...AND...

...THERE... is the inherent problem with post deletions !!! imo

When you go into a thread and start deleting posts...whether the deletions are done by the poster (of their own posts)...OR...by SF...

...you leave only a dismembered...disjointed...inaccurate record of the conversation !!!

It literally MAKES A MOCKERY of the whole Forum !!! imo

Just a thought !!!

Think about it !!!

Regards,

alf44

PS. Of course...one might argue that constant bickering ALSO MAKES A MOCKERY of the whole Forum...nevertheless...

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · the "newest" Elder thread<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.