StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · $$ tightening/expanding coupled with MA crosses<< >>Post Follow-up
ChizzleMeTimbers
36 posts
msg #94165
Ignore ChizzleMeTimbers
6/22/2010 11:16:33 AM

I was hoping the forums could assist me with the coding of this filter. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you to all who helped me on my previous filter, that one has really been a winner.

Programming this filter will be a little different than what we are used to because I want to mix and match different pieces of code for different set-ups on different market days, but sharing input on this post will be the same.. thanks again. (You will see some of the pieces will not go together in the same exact filter but pieces can be added/removed etc to make a few different filters]

1-
With stockfetcher, can we search for stocks with its moving averages (8, 20, 50) [sma and ema] very "tight" [would appreciate ideas on how to define tight.. each stock has different price movements and % movements but in the end I want stocks that have MA's that have been moving horizantel for some time and are all tight together] ... and show me stocks where yesterday the "distance" from the MA's has increased to a distance greater than the previous X days

2-
MACD is simply two Moving Averages such as 8 and 22... but how would I program something such as show stocks that are under the 0 MACD line and have just crossed the 8 over the 22 for the first time in X days

3-
Stocks where the ATR yesterday OR the previous 3 days has been 20% tighter than the previous X days

4-
Stocks doing below average volume yesterday OR previous 3 days compared to previous 50 days

(i know we can not have "OR" but I just want to see if the code is different in making these)

5-
Show stocks that are under the lower bollinger band (20 period and 2 standard deviation) OR show stocks under low BB for past x days and doing below average volume compared to past X days

6-
Show stocks that have come down over 30% in X days and are now 1%- 3% off the x-day low which was within the past 2 days (the low)

7-
show stocks that have had its smallest daily range yesterday in past X days

8-
show stocks that have had its largest daily range yesterday and volume in past X days

9-
Can stockfetcher search for the slope of the 100 day moving average to scan for when it has gone from a negative slope to its "lowest" negative slope reading in past X days or its first FLAT/POSITIVE slope in X days

10-
show stocks where RSI (4) has been below 20 for X days

Thank you very much for all the help if anyone can. As always I will be glad to explain how i plan to use these filters and what I have been doing already that has been working. God bless and lets make some $

-The Chizzler

ChizzleMeTimbers
36 posts
msg #94195
Ignore ChizzleMeTimbers
6/23/2010 7:53:23 AM

I think this will be used

Parameters Period1
Period2
Usage Absolute Price Oscillator(15,60)
APO(10,50)

Description The Absolute Price Oscillator (APO) is the exact same measure as the Percent Price Oscillator (PPO) except the values are not converted to percentages. The APO is computed by taking the difference between two specified moving averages.

Examples
Fetcher[show stocks where the APO(10,50) crossed above 0 within the last 1 day]

Fetcher[show stocks where the APO(10,100) has been increasing for 10 days]

also how would I create a scan to see stocks that have made new highs in price without conifrmation of a new high from an oscillator like mclellan

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · $$ tightening/expanding coupled with MA crosses<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.