StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · trending up or down or a stoke price<< >>Post Follow-up
eyoung
42 posts
msg #31867
Ignore eyoung
4/25/2004 9:24:44 PM

hello everyone, can anyone tell me how to write a filter showing a stock that has been trending up in price over the last week, or month or year. Also, a strock that has been trending down in price for the last day, month or year. I was trying to find such a filter with no luck
eyoung
ps. if i find a stock trending up and can figure it trending down thanks

yephclark
1 posts
msg #31878
Ignore yephclark
4/26/2004 12:04:03 PM

I am sure there are many ways to approach this problem but how about something like this?

Week
Fetcher[
5 day slope of the close is above 1.0
]

Fetcher[
20 day slope of the close is above 1.0
]

Fetcher[
200 day slope of the close is above 1.0
]

yepher
359 posts
msg #31881
Ignore yepher
4/26/2004 2:17:56 PM

I am not sure what you are really trying to get to but, here are other possible approaches to the problem. Each having it's own short commings and strengths.

I expect that the answer you are really looking for would use the slope of an EMA or MA over some period of time. In my opinion different techniques apply to determining a 5 day trends when compared to month or year long trends. You may also consider using some of the Volume weighted measures to help get the stocks you are looking for.

This would be a very broad definition of a trending stock:

Maybe combine this with ADX to get what you want
Fetcher[
ma(10) has been increasing for the past 5 days
]

or

Fetcher[
LRS(45) is above 0
]

or

Here is a very narrow definition of a trending stock with upward direction built in:

Fetcher[
price has been increasing for the past 10 days
]

I hope this helps.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · trending up or down or a stoke price<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.