StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · zzzzzzzzzz<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #46834
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/10/2006 2:03:12 PM

GLASS ALWAYS FULL - NATURE ABHORS A VACUUM.

Half water, half air.. always full!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #46837
Ignore alf44
9/10/2006 3:08:40 PM

"some see the glass as half full...

and some see the glass as half empty...

I see the glass as TOO BIG !"

~George Carlin

as214
184 posts
msg #46840
Ignore as214
9/10/2006 11:19:56 PM

As far as I am concerned, the stock market doesn't exist. It is only there as a reference to see if anybody is offering to do anything foolish.

_Warren Buffett

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #47072
Ignore maxreturn
9/19/2006 9:41:52 PM

Pop to the top....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

heypa
283 posts
msg #47084
Ignore heypa
9/20/2006 8:10:52 PM

half glass my ass.Back to the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Perhaps people have quit looking for the "HOLY GRAIL" and started looking within themselves for the road to trading success for that is where it shall be found.Assume that the market of stocks is mostly random and the key to success is in how you get out not how you get in.This is a much better assumption than thinking the key is how you get in.If it ain't going up don't buy it.If you do buy it then you have only two options.Hope it's a flyer to ride to immediate success or take a small percentage gain and try to repeat it.I recommend the latter. Live long and prosper.

marine2
963 posts
msg #47106
Ignore marine2
9/21/2006 9:15:48 PM

Locate companies with good balance sheets, stock market(s) showing strength / high percentage that its going to go up, and choose a simple yet effective filter that indicates a particular stock is showing signs that it's ripe for rising, and you are in the game. No one ever said this is an easy, simple way to make money, it takes patience, experience, and a gut feeling to succeed in this type of investing world. No filter can work well without knowing when to play the game. Keep it simple, know the stock market temperature, and know when to get out (whether you're losing or winning. Greed can ruin. Use discipline. Believe and you will succeed.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #47108
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
9/21/2006 11:52:15 PM

Locate companies with good balance sheets, stock market(s) showing strength / high percentage that its going to go up, and choose a simple yet effective filter that indicates a particular stock is showing signs that it's ripe for rising, and you are in the game. No one ever said this is an easy, simple way to make money, it takes patience, experience, and a gut feeling to succeed in this type of investing world. No filter can work well without knowing when to play the game. Keep it simple, know the stock market temperature, and know when to get out (whether you're losing or winning. Greed can ruin. Use discipline. Believe and you will succeed.

Eventhough I think the author of the "Brilliant" advice is an ingrate and a Jackazz.......It's still some of the best advice I have ever seen! Knowing the "Stock Market temperature" Is a bloody MUST!!! I've said it over and over again! Nice job fellow Marine! "Oorah!!!"

- RIGGS -

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #47122
Ignore petrolpeter
9/22/2006 12:37:11 PM

#1:Run your filters #2:Pit your results against
Fetcher[Price > open and close > 1 and volume > 500000 and sort column 3 descending]

.If results do not match,go to step #3. #3:Move your filters to recycle bin.:)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #47124
Ignore nikoschopen
9/22/2006 1:14:42 PM

The devolution of this thread that began with my otherwise silly remark to the originator of this thread is quite comical. Every one of you can't resist saying what we all know as useless truism. Why don't you just echo the vain Rumpean creed: It just ain't what you trade, but how you trade IT! However, it might also be wise to heed another advice as a frame of reference: Be neither a bull nor a bear, but a vulture. Take what little crumb you can find and let the idiots settle their differences (no pun intended).

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #47135
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
9/23/2006 10:51:31 AM

9/9/06 Prediction:

When will some of you ever learn to read charts? Did you NOT read my "HISTOGRAM MAGIC" thread? There will be no "sell off!" More than that....there is no indication that there will be.

Look at the SMA(20) along with DMA! The market is in the midst of riding a tidal wave just as I predicted a couple of months ago. The MACD is so far above the zero line, that not even Anna Nicole Smith could F**K this up!

Stay the course.....it will only get better!

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

Like I said everyone...."it will only get better." Once again....I make a market prediction, and it takes off! I think some "IDIOT" in this thread predicted "it would fall from here" back on like 9/7/06. lol....amazes me why some people even take the time to post. Maybe they should just watch "from here." lol.....

BTW, guess I was wrong about Anna Nicole though huh?......

"DMA IS THE ONLY WAY!"

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · zzzzzzzzzz<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.