StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · 2 Tumbles and a Jump<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #54935
Ignore glgene
9/19/2007 1:55:25 PM

"The famous concept of "2 stumbles and a jump" tells us to buy after the Fed decreases the interest rates for the second time because usually the market jumps after the second interest rate cut."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would yesterday count as 1 stumble or 2 stumbles (-.50 Fed cut)? I would guess 1 stumble. Would welcome any input from SF members, as well as overall comments about the statement at the top of this msg.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54941
Ignore karennma
9/19/2007 4:44:46 PM

I usually don't watch Cramer's show, but I did last nite.
He was very good.
Two things I've paid attention to lately regarding Cramer ....
1. Cramer's "meltdown" in August which you can view on YouTube.
2. His comments yesterday about Bernanke.
If you can watch reruns of these shows, I highly recommend them.
If you can't ... here's what I'm "reading between the lines" ...
Re: Cramer's meltdown in August
- Cramer: "They know nothing! Nothing!"
My Interpretation: If the Feds don't lower rates, the financial markets are gonna crash and burn world-wide.
- Cramer: "I know too much"; "I know too many people"
My Interpretation: Per his associates (hedge fund mgrs, brokers etc.), the U.S. economy is on the edge of collapse, and if "Uncle Ben" doesn't lower interest rates, the next recession will kick everybody's @$$. Hedge Fund managers will be jumping off bridges and their wives will be left working at McDonalds.
Re: Cramer's show last nite
- Cramer thru away the box of Uncle Ben's rice, smiled and said, "we're going to 14,500" (DOW). He also said, "2 more rate cuts".
After the show, (or maybe B4, I can't remember) they interviewed Robert Schilling. I think Maria Bartiromo did that interview. LISTEN to it if you can. I've seen so many of Schilling's interviews, I KNEW what he was saying. (Bernanke saved America yesterday)
See it if you can. Or maybe one of the tech geniuses here can post the interview.
These are intense times. Scarier than I've ever seen.
This IS 1999 revisited ... but worse. Global Economy = Global meltdown.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54942
Ignore karennma
9/19/2007 4:46:23 PM

glgene
glgene 9/19/2007 1:55:25 PM
"The famous concept of "2 stumbles and a jump" tells us to buy after the Fed decreases the interest rates for the second time because usually the market jumps after the second interest rate cut."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW ... WHO are you quoting?

glgene
613 posts
msg #54961
Ignore glgene
9/20/2007 11:22:52 AM

Source of "2 stumbles and a jump"

http://www.icic.com/yang_yin_214.htm

Read the 2nd paragraph.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #54963
Ignore karennma
9/20/2007 11:55:20 AM

holy smokes!
that is some website!
whew!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54968
Ignore nikoschopen
9/20/2007 2:55:52 PM

It's been my experience that this concept works only when the economy is coming out of the slump, not when it's about to plunge into one. FWIW

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · 2 Tumbles and a Jump<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.