StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A couple of simple questions<< >>Post Follow-up
thenakedsingularity
12 posts
msg #65569
Ignore thenakedsingularity
7/29/2008 8:53:09 AM

1) how do you limit your search result to X number? For example, return me the top 40 stocks that ....

2) when you sort a column that you created, is it possible to say "sort column name descending" instead of "sort column 6"?

Thanks in advance!

marine2
963 posts
msg #65581
Ignore marine2
7/29/2008 8:04:50 PM

Not 100% sure on this but, try going into "settings" and see if you can set the number of filter finds to just X number. The other question, I really can't help you on. Hopefully, someone else can.

thenakedsingularity
12 posts
msg #65588
7/29/2008 10:49:51 PM

You would think they are relatively easy to do?
I checked the manual and could not find anything. :(

Maverick69
6 posts
msg #65607
Ignore Maverick69
7/30/2008 7:13:22 PM

I would not think you can just limit the results. The definition of "the top" is wide open. Just try to think of ways to be more specific with your search to lower the number of results.

Maybe start with something like...
"and high below X" or "and high between X and X"

I don't think the program can diferentiate between the "top" and the "bottom" of the results. Everything it returns is within the limits of your filter paremeters.

thenakedsingularity
12 posts
msg #65629
7/31/2008 8:55:08 AM

So what I want to do is this: (just to clarify a little)

1) set my criteria
2) get all the stocks
3) order the results by some column
4) limit the result, after sorting, to the top 40 items.

Since I am sorting, I am only interested in the top X items that fit my criteria. I guess I can filter it, but that is hard to do since the criteria to make the top 40 might change from day to day.

thanks!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A couple of simple questions<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.