StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A filter for a Bullish Divergence on the Slow Stochastic Indicator<< >>Post Follow-up
ramnaor
1 posts
msg #107895
Ignore ramnaor
9/3/2012 6:01:34 AM

A bullish Divergence on the Slow Stochastic indicator occures when price records a lower low , but the Stochastic Indicator
forms a higher low. This shows less downside momentum that could hint on a bullish reversal to come. A good example for a Bullish Divergence is the lower low on the S&P 500 on June 4,2012. The Slow Stochastic (15,3) made a higher low which started a big reversal in the market.

I would like very much to see a filter that will list all stocks that are in a state of this Bullish Divergence.

As a matter of fact it seems to me that if you have the incomplete double-bottom you are half way through to create the Bullish Divergence.

If in an incomplete double-bottom situation the slow Stochastic % D value is higher then it was on the first bottom then the stock is a candidate for a bullish divergence. As long as the price continues lower and % D value is
higher than it was on the first bottom the Stock is in a Bullish Divergence Situation. The Bullish Divergence is complete when the value % D crosses over the value % K.

Please let me know if this can be done.

Thanks, Ram naor

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A filter for a Bullish Divergence on the Slow Stochastic Indicator<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.