StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A filter worth paying for<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
anthonyviera
5 posts
msg #52924
Ignore anthonyviera
modified
7/10/2007 12:25:38 AM

Does anyone out there have a filter woth paying for? with an
outstanding accuray rate? even if it's just a few picks a month.
I am about to give up my trading carrer as I have lost lots of money.
Much of this lingo sounds Yidish and Hebrew to me.
If so, please e-mail me at Anthonyviera@optonline.net

Thanks in advance for your support,
Anthony

slotmarket
59 posts
msg #52925
Ignore slotmarket
7/10/2007 3:37:45 AM

The best things in life are free, same goes for filters. If you think I'm joking, just wait for others here to offer their concurring opinion.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #52930
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/10/2007 7:56:58 AM

Instead of spending time and money on stock SELECTION, focus instead on stock TRADING!

Pick ONE TRADING METHOD and stick to it!

Look at Muddy's/Wallman's "WAIT FOR GREEN" method and apply it to ONE STOCK day after day for a MONTH. Somedays you will get an entry and somedays you won't. The point is if you are trading ONE STOCK, then you are focused and should NOT miss the entry/exit when it happens. After you MASTER that, you may NOT want to trade anything else.

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!"

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #52933
Ignore karennma
7/10/2007 9:18:14 AM

Anthony:
The only thing you have to "pay" for is your subscription to Stockfetcher.
Everythingelse IS free.
The two previous posters have given you good advice.
I've been using the same filters for five years.
Just read the forums, find the filters that work for you, and use them.
Get a notebook and write down everything you do. Everything!
Overtime, you'll develop your own trading style and strategies.
The key is discipline.
Best wishes!
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #52934
Ignore karennma
7/10/2007 9:24:42 AM

TheRumpledOne
TheRumpledOne 7/10/2007 4:56:58 AM

Pick ONE TRADING METHOD and stick to it!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Amen!

anthonyviera
5 posts
msg #52936
Ignore anthonyviera
7/10/2007 9:54:48 AM

I like to thank you all for your quick and generous response. I will
take your advice.

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #52943
Ignore msummer2007
modified
7/10/2007 2:19:45 PM

Anthony there is no perfect system. There are systems that can give you a slight edge. I agree with everyone on the board. If I were you I would take a break from trading, collect your thoughts. When you are in the right frame of mind, begin by playing small. If you are successful, this should build back your confidence. It can be done, but it is definitely not easy. As for myself I have learned the hard way as well. I have scaled back my position size considerably, I make less(a lot), but I sleep at night. Good Luck. Bob

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52944
Ignore nikoschopen
7/10/2007 2:56:46 PM

I, on the other hand, have heard from unconfirmed sources that there REALLY is a holygrail. You just wouldn't know that it exists, just like the existence of God, spiderman, or Mary4Money for all I know. :)

Now suppose that I do have such a great system under my belt. Why the hell would I want to sell to anyone and, moreover, why would I sell to someone like you who have already lost a ton of money? Further suppose that I am willing to sell to you, just how much are you willing to pay? I need not remind you that this wouldn't be a cheap deal.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!
(Ahem, I wonder where I heard that from.)

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #52947
Ignore msummer2007
7/10/2007 3:14:17 PM

Niko LOL Awesome, Just plain Awesome!!! LOL

anthonyviera
5 posts
msg #52949
Ignore anthonyviera
modified
7/10/2007 4:21:19 PM

It appears that some of us have forgotten where we have come from, and that we were all once a beginner. But staying within the subject, I guess you'll never know how much i lost nor how much i am willing to pay because you'll never know how much i have. But thanks anyways, I just got a reply of which i am considering and it appears to have very handsome reward.

Anthony

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A filter worth paying for<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.