StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · AH trading<< >>Post Follow-up
markcrisp
187 posts
msg #51412
Ignore markcrisp
5/3/2007 5:50:51 PM

Hi,

look at CROX tonight. Up almsot 10 points in A.H trading..but who is trading it?

So, tomorrow how will it open? I am guessing it will gap up on open?

Thee's no way to trade these kind of moves...is there? It's all about earnings. (Please,,,don't put me up a S.F scan as there can't be one :-) )

Thank you

klynn55
747 posts
msg #51414
Ignore klynn55
5/3/2007 11:27:46 PM

Dear Mark; Use TRAPLINE, you sold it for $500.00, it must work, you wouldn't
sell it unless it worked , right?

Muddy
55 posts
msg #51418
Ignore Muddy
5/3/2007 11:48:04 PM

There are ways to find the best candidates out of the whole universe of stocks reporting earnings.
You need to go to:
http://stockbee.blogspot.com/
and do a search on all the articles posted about earnings,it's far to detailed to get into here.

Also you want to not always look for the big AH ups like CROX, but ones like tomorrow's SGTL EXEL MOBE FSLR SFLY that report good earnings but aren't up so much in AH.The reason is that they are often more catchable because of a smaller gapup on open and then a possible run.Important is vol,vol,vol!

Also you want to look for earnings ones that hit the Premarket Leader Board LATE!
Like with 30 minutes until the open or less,the closer to open the better.

It's explained in my post "an aha moment" on my blog http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/

This week alone I've made 11 earnings trades and have hit all 11, SMDI NVEC NTLS GTI ININ TTMI ANPI CEDC ROCM CRNT AGIX.
No big gains at all but nice few %'s out of every one of them.
The entries and exits can be found on all my trades by clicking on "my trades" on my blogsite.

Before you get started on this I'll tell you right now ....There is no easy way to learn this earnings/ah/pre stuff,it takes alot of reading and some hard work.
There is no lazy way to go about this.You don't do your homework and understand the theories behind it you can get whacked with these gappers.

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #51419
Ignore markcrisp
modified
5/4/2007 5:45:56 AM

KLYNN55:

What a STUPID reply. You sound absolutely stupid and bitter. Are you?

"Dear Mark; Use TRAPLINE, you sold it for $500.00, it must work, you wouldn't
sell it unless it worked , right? "

For one this is Avery's method
2 it's a day trading method
3: so we aren't allowed to ask if we already have amethod?

The question has NOTHING to do with any method......can you see this or are you simply trying to pick a fight?

You are idiot and on my ignore list. If you have no idea how to answer my question do us all a big favour and say nothing.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51424
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/4/2007 4:28:06 PM

Actually, klynn, the TRAPLINE will work in any market, including premarket and after hours. You just have to follow the rules and not be greedy.

Earnings plays usually are daytrades.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #51425
Ignore klynn55
5/4/2007 7:03:23 PM

Avery and Mark: you both are inferring, I made no mention of TRAPLINE'S ability to pick winners, did I? Sensitive are'nt we?

klynn55
747 posts
msg #51426
Ignore klynn55
5/4/2007 7:58:53 PM

Mark: yes , i am an idiot, i bought your method. You sold TRAPLINE, if it works why the questions about earnings, simply trade AAPL every day with TRAPLINE(how many times do they declare earnings)and live on the beach with your earnings.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51434
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
5/5/2007 2:39:12 PM

klynn55

Avery and Mark: you both are inferring, I made no mention of TRAPLINE'S ability to pick winners, did I? Sensitive are'nt we?
=================================================

Sensitive? NO!

I was just clearing things up. TRAPLINE has nothing to do with "picking winners". It's a trading method.

"Picking winners" - think about what that implies!! To me, that implies you enter the trade and you make money. However, it also implies NO TRADING SKILL NEEDED. That's NOT what trading is about. The trader must be an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT in the trade doing things like managing the money, determining support/resistance, scaling in/out, etc...

Too many people are looking for MAGIC FILTERS. Some filters pick more winners than others but ALL filters require that the trader uses their skill in entry and exit.

Also, klynn, I believe I have offered to help you trade "LIVE" in my Paltalk chatroom. The offer still stands.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #51438
Ignore klynn55
5/5/2007 10:29:00 PM

Avery: can you teach me to use TRAPLINE to swingtrade using end of day prices. Some of us work apart from the computer and monitor. Some of us purchase a method and expect it to work, why else spend that kind of money. It was not sold as a tool but a profitable methodology.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51453
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/6/2007 2:38:39 PM

Sure, we can do it via email or PM.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · AH trading<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.