StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Any swing traders here??<< 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 >>Post Follow-up
Quilln
116 posts
msg #112373
Ignore Quilln
3/22/2013 10:38:54 AM

re: ScalperBuySave

Bernd,

the "min swing" parameter. can be changed to "0.1" or "0.2" which smooths out the amount of arrows posted, then apply and then save it, To the right of the numbers is a ? bubble. click on that for more information and details.

the following might help you, however, there is no arrows but little square white boxes or if you want price labels at the bottoms and tops.

A friend sent it to me a few years ago.

Here is an indicator that you can use in TOS - is pretty nice - click Studies, Edit Studies, Click New and paste below code then put a name and save

see if you like it

# SCALPERBUYSELL

def triggerSell = if(if(close[-1] < close,1,0) and (close[-2] < close[-1] or close[-3] def triggerBuy = if(if(close[-1] > close,1,0) and (close[-2] > close[-1] or close[-3] > close[-1]),1,0);
rec buySellSwitch = if(triggerSell, 1, if(triggerBuy, 0, buySellSwitch[1]));

def thirdBarClosed = if(isNan(close[-3]),0,1);
plot SBS = if(triggerSell and thirdBarClosed and !buySellSwitch[1], high, if(triggerBuy and thirdBarClosed and buySellSwitch[1], low, double.nan));
SBS.setStyle(curve.POINTS);
SBS.setPaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.LINE_VS_SQUARES);
SBS.setLineWeight(2);
SBS.setDefaultColor(color.white);

by default ther will be white boxes at each low poing and at each high point.

you can see that by selecting the SBS tab and see the image in the Draw as panel.

click on the box again and go to bottom and find Value @ High. the default clour is white.

click Oaky

the numbers of the high and the low will be placed above the high low points.

with 1day 1 minute chart it is very very fast.

you can play with any STYLE chart tab, by changing the days, and minutes if you like to.

If you don't save it and to another chart, all the practice sessions will be lost. If you want to save the session, save it with a name - ScalperBuysave. I always forget where it is and had to change the and added ScalperBuySave after.

Springhill from this site, had some difficulty with the above and had it re-written to read;

def triggerSell = (if(close[-1] < close,1,0) and (close[-2] < close[-1] or close[-3] ));

def triggerBuy = if(if(close[-1] > close,1,0) and (close[-2] > close[-1] or close[-3] > close[-1]),1,0);

rec buySellSwitch = if(triggerSell, 1, if(triggerBuy, 0, buySellSwitch[1]));

def thirdBarClosed = if(isNan(close[-3]),0,1);
plot SBS = if(triggerSell and thirdBarClosed and !buySellSwitch[1], high, if(triggerBuy and thirdBarClosed and buySellSwitch[1], low, double.nan));
SBS.setStyle(curve.POINTS);
SBS.setPaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.LINE_VS_SQUARES);
SBS.setLineWeight(2);
SBS.setDefaultColor(color.white);

you will notice on the first line, the second "if" was removed......def triggerSell = if(if(close[-1]....

Hope this can help

Best regards,
Quilln -

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #112496
Ignore Cheese
3/28/2013 2:23:58 PM

I want to wish Quilln and everyone a Happy Easter filled with good cheers and blessings.
Quilln, I pray that things are getting better on your home front.
You are God-sent. Thank you for everything that you have shared.

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #112731
Ignore tennisplayer2
modified
4/12/2013 11:22:05 AM

Quilln, got a question for you. For a longer trade, do you buy on the first day when EMA (13) crosses over EMA (50) or do you wait for labels? I brought USO when is crossed over at 34.55 and sold yesterday when it crossed under at 33.46 for a loss. Is that just part of the business or did I do something wrong? Thanks again and I hope all is well with you and your family.

Quilln
116 posts
msg #112801
Ignore Quilln
4/16/2013 11:26:44 PM

Tennisplayer2,

You did nothing wrong but got caught in the mess with the bashing of the Gold stocks as well as what had happened in Boston.

I was in the same boat with you and followed the correct executions for buying and selling to protect our ASSettes.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=USO&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=0&id=p67654755189

I have one question for you and that this is if you know the correct or current Script Kevin uses for the ConnersRSI.

Quilln -

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #112804
Ignore johnpaulca
4/17/2013 12:11:15 AM

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1006&tid=112583&qrid=&isiframe=

Cheese
1,374 posts
msg #112805
Ignore Cheese
4/17/2013 12:33:40 AM

Recent work on Connors RSI by Kevin_in_GA and others:
http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&tid=108942&start=0
http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?qrid=1365753736&mid=109465&isiframe=

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #112806
Ignore tennisplayer2
modified
4/17/2013 12:36:18 AM

Quilln, thanks for the response and the help. I am not following Kevin's filter using Conner's RSI currently, but his lastest thread on that filter is titled "NEW SYSTEM WITH INTEGRATED 5% STOP LOSS" under the Filter Exchange forum. Maybe, Kevin will answer this better, he is always willing to help.

Quilln
116 posts
msg #112817
Ignore Quilln
4/17/2013 3:19:25 PM

cheese,

I duplicated the chart from prodigioRTS.com that Kevin produced. Sofar so good. Tried to execute step 3 - Back test. Failed and unable to execute. Back to the drawing boards in figuring how to move forward when time permits.

Thank you for your help with the other scripts.

Quilln
116 posts
msg #112818
Ignore Quilln
4/17/2013 3:20:32 PM

Johnpaulca,

Thank your for the script location and will look at when time permits. Tetter tottering GASX/GASL today.

Quilln -

Quilln
116 posts
msg #112819
Ignore Quilln
4/17/2013 3:21:04 PM

Tennisplayer2,

Thank you for the site to peruse through. I see I have lots of reading to do.

today I played with GASX/GASL via the Tetter Totter principle using the 5ema over 15ema using the TOS charts. Bought GASX right out of the gate before the xover. High bubble appeared and got out, then bought GASL for kwik swing trades. In at 17.60 and target price of 20.15.

Best regards,
Quilln -

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Any swing traders here??<< 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.