StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BELT HOLD<< >>Post Follow-up
Harryok
3 posts
msg #52158
Ignore Harryok
6/11/2007 4:19:47 PM

I am not having success with trying to write a filter for beltholds. Can anyone give me some information>

Thanks

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52160
Ignore nikoschopen
6/11/2007 4:53:39 PM

Here's a bullish belt hold, which is defined as a white candlestick with no lower shadow and a close near the day’s high.

Fetcher[
set{oplo,open / low}
set{range, opcl / day point range}
range above 0.90
oplo equals 1
sign(opcl) equals 1
sign(opcl) 1 day ago equals -1
]

According to candlestick gurus, however, the Belt Hold isn't very reliable since it occurs fairly often. You also need to note the overall trend, not to mention a confirmation won the following day.

Harryok
3 posts
msg #52166
Ignore Harryok
6/11/2007 7:37:03 PM

You are above my head on the information you posted. I need examples, then I can change it to what I am looking for. I have downloaded the book and spent a lot of time trying to digest it. I am still very limited on my ability to write a filter. I do have several filters that are working fair.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #52168
Ignore nikoschopen
6/11/2007 8:22:51 PM

You might want to take a look here for a better explanation on set statements.

Harryok
3 posts
msg #52173
Ignore Harryok
6/11/2007 10:14:44 PM

Thanks for the replies I have gotten. I am still confused. If someone would tell me the pages in the book I think it would give me the details I need. I don't know where to start when I see set(oplo,open/low)opci plunge oplo sign (opcl) I am not a programer so I need it spelled out before me. Another thing I am having trouble with is stockfetcher does not tell me if what I am entering is wrong. I have no way of knowing what it is reading and not reading.

Thanks again

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · BELT HOLD<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.