StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · • Backtest symbantics •<< >>Post Follow-up
yepher
359 posts
msg #31942
Ignore yepher
4/30/2004 4:56:26 PM

• Does the back test buy on the day that the filter triggers or the next day?

tommybills
2 posts
msg #31962
Ignore tommybills
5/3/2004 10:57:30 AM

Remember: StockFetcher simply retrieves a subset of stocks that meet your requested criteria. It does not "say" buy or sell. Nor does SF make a recommendation as to when you need to initiate a trade. That is up to your own individual approach. As an example, you might request a set of stocks based on a weekly volatility indicator. You could have proven that when all your criteria have been met you need to sell short that basket of stocks within the next 5 trading days. Hope this clears up any confusion. Good luck.

dangreene
229 posts
msg #31963
Ignore dangreene
5/3/2004 12:12:33 PM

yepher,

The "performance" column is calculated using the closing price on the day that the stock hits your scan vs the last full trading days closing price.

yepher
359 posts
msg #31964
Ignore yepher
5/3/2004 1:17:04 PM

dangreene,

• Thanks that is exactly the information I was looking for.

tommybills,

• Thanks for the advice.

All,

• It seems to me that it would be more proper for the Back Test and Performance Column to use open of next day and provide a way to add slippage into the test.

This would allow you to run more accurate simulations based on the way StockFetcher and the traders works together since buy/sell signals can only be achieved End-Of-Day through StockFetcher.

tommybills
2 posts
msg #31985
Ignore tommybills
5/5/2004 11:55:11 PM

I agree with you yepher. Or better yet, let me choose if the buy/sell is at the opening or closing price and on which day( ie. day of or day after). Good luck!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · • Backtest symbantics •<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.