StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bag Holders Association<< >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #72616
Ignore miketranz
3/13/2009 9:40:53 AM

Here's how you can become a member.I was once one a long time ago.Day 1,the stock gets hit with news of a possible turn around after being down to levels not seen in years.Insiders are already in position for the run up.The stock gaps up on heavy volume.Day 2,more good news,the stocks up again,more people start buying.Day 3,the stock moves up slightly with less volume,still more people want a piece of the action,confidence is high.Day 4,if it gets this far,insiders and those luck enough to buy on day 1 are selling their positions to you know who,the bag holders.The stock drops like a rock,no one understands why.Bad news now comes out for justification.You are now an official member of the Bag Holders Association......

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #72632
Ignore alf44
3/13/2009 10:36:14 AM

I'm reminded of something I once read on "another forum" ...

...always liked this lil parable...

------------------

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort.

He further announced that he would now buy at $20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.

The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers; “Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each.”

The villagers rounded up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man nor his assistant, only monkeys everywhere !

--------------------

And that's how the stock market works...

Regards,

alf44

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #72646
Ignore petrolpeter
3/13/2009 11:45:55 AM

Sounds like congress buying up all those bad assets and struggling shares only to watch the market and (hopefully)us guys leave with the money.Hows that for hope?

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #72685
Ignore fortyfour
3/13/2009 4:59:14 PM

One question please.......

Are monkeys and Crude oil correlated or not?

Most disagree on this matter.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #72686
Ignore Eman93
3/13/2009 9:44:48 PM

Alf

That was a new one to me.......thanks

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #72688
Ignore alf44
modified
3/13/2009 11:10:53 PM

...you're welcome !

Wanna buy a monkey ?

---------------------------------

----------------------------------

Regards,

alf44

marine2
963 posts
msg #72693
Ignore marine2
3/14/2009 1:15:53 AM

Why are they so embarressed? See how red their faces are.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #72694
Ignore luc1grunt
3/14/2009 6:40:02 AM

I see Pelosi and Geitner, who are the rest?

marine2
963 posts
msg #72705
Ignore marine2
3/14/2009 2:51:55 PM

These monkees are our politicians in a closed meeting seeing who cut the cheese on who is responsible for the non regulation the finance companies have had over the last X amount of years.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bag Holders Association<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.