StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Best web site for earnings and news?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
maxreturn
745 posts
msg #57550
Ignore maxreturn
12/4/2007 4:08:00 PM

Where do you go to keep up to date on news and pending earnings for your stocks? Many thanks in advance!

Regards
Max

rtucker
318 posts
msg #57554
Ignore rtucker
12/4/2007 5:01:42 PM

Hi Max,

I hope there are a lot of responses to this query.

www.seekingalpha.com
msn moneycentral
yahoo
http://bespokeinvest.typepad.com/bespoke/
www.bloomberg.com
http://stockbee.blogspot.com/

I too am looking for other/better resources.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #57557
Ignore EWZuber
12/4/2007 5:25:18 PM

max, the best site for fundamentals ,IMO, is Smart Money. com.
Very thorough and user friendly.
Then there's Earnings.com
and MarketWatch.com gives scrolling news and earnings info as it is released. Its maybe ~15 minutes delayed. They call it 'Real Time Headlines'
http://www.marketwatch.com/Search/?doctype=90

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57558
Ignore nikoschopen
12/4/2007 5:42:51 PM

Free contents are never the most reliable source to be used when trading. It's prolly worse than trying to trade using delayed quotes. If ure looking for a real time news and earnings release, it pays to subscribe to a service like Dow Jones Newswire. But then again, I suggest that you adhered to that old useless maxim: buy the rumor, sell the news.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #57570
Ignore maxreturn
modified
12/4/2007 9:07:02 PM

Thanks guys. Appreciate your input. Also appreciate the fact that often you guys are the first to respond and help others. Zuber, real good to see you back. I really respect your work.

Merry Christmas to All
Max

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #57578
Ignore EWZuber
12/5/2007 12:27:14 AM

nikoschopen, you're correct about that. If you are going to trade the knee jerk reaction to news you better have a real time pay service.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #57579
Ignore EWZuber
12/5/2007 12:30:36 AM

maxreturn, thanks max I appreciate that. I hope I'm able to stick around.
Its very tough trading under the restrictions of this PDT rule, particularly under these volatile market conditions. Gonna give it my best shot.
GL

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #57590
Ignore maxreturn
12/5/2007 8:20:09 AM

Just found a site called briefing.com. Seems pretty decent. Type in the symbol and it gives you next earnings and news, analysts upgrades/downgrades for that particular stock.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #57593
Ignore johnpaulca
12/5/2007 9:06:19 AM

Max.....take a look at www.realtimetraders.com

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57599
Ignore nikoschopen
12/5/2007 10:39:04 AM

Its very tough trading under the restrictions of this PDT rule, particularly under these volatile market conditions.

Only for stocks. Futures and options, however, are not included in this rule. Are ETFs also banned as well?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Best web site for earnings and news?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.