StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Close-to-open gap <==Can't get the result I wanted<< >>Post Follow-up
hhuynh
9 posts
msg #26302
Ignore hhuynh
4/24/2003 5:59:38 PM

Hello everyone ....from the novices to the pros,

I am trying to gather stocks which have gap up a certain percentage from the previous closing price when it first traded the next day for a period of trading days . The result of the example below seems to incorrectly filtered the stocks . Any suggestions?

[Close-to-open gap is above 2.5 for at least ten days]

sbeckers
22 posts
msg #26384
Ignore sbeckers
5/3/2003 7:48:11 PM

this is something I would like to know too, how to find stocks which have gapped one way or another in the past 10 days.

zfetch
16 posts
msg #26385
Ignore zfetch
5/3/2003 10:08:27 PM

It seems uncommon to find a close-to-open gap above 2.5% for 8, 9, or 10 days.
I tried filtering for a gap above 2.5% 10 days and didn't find results. On Friday 5/2/03 and in recent days, there are a few matches for period of 4 to 7 days.

Here are examples for a gap above 2.5% for 4 days, on 4 different filter days:

Fetcher[Show stocks where close-to-open gap has been above 2.5 for the last 4 days]

Fetcher[Show stocks where close-to-open gap has been above 2.5 for the last 4 days and date offset is 1]

Fetcher[Show stocks where close-to-open gap has been above 2.5 for the last 4 days and date offset is 2]

Fetcher[Show stocks where close-to-open gap has been above 2.5 for the last 4 days and date offset is 3]

Also, instead of using 'date offset' for different dates, you can use 'close-to-open gap x days ago was above...'
Fetcher[Show stocks where close-to-open gap 3 days ago was above 2.5 for the last 4 days]

hhuynh
9 posts
msg #26484
Ignore hhuynh
5/12/2003 1:29:27 PM

zfetch,

Thanks for your info. The reason why is because I want to back test certain stocks which have opened up from the previous close most of the time . If the percentage of the trend then all I have to do is to get in on the previous day just before they close and hold the positions over night . Holding a position over night is very risky therefore I have to find stocks with the highest percentage of ups trend wise .

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Close-to-open gap <==Can't get the result I wanted<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.