StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Daily channeling Stocks(need stock fetcher help here)<< >>Post Follow-up
dabonenose
26 posts
msg #27685
Ignore dabonenose
8/5/2003 8:14:21 AM

I'm sure there are many stocks that get into a BB tunnel that trade in a daily range for several days.

Is it possible to create a filter that would show me stocks that trade in a certain range on each given day, for several days in a row.

Sometimes when stocks get into a tight BB they will do this.

I'm looking for a range of at least .30 - .50 cents and a price below 5, with at least 100K avg daily volume and that have traded in this range for at least 5 days.

tkx,

Dab

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27688
Ignore xplorer
8/5/2003 11:45:46 AM

try this :

Fetcher[
Show stocks where
open - close > .30 and
open - close < .50 and
open 1 day ago - close 1 day ago > .30 and
open 1 day ago - close 1 day ago < .50 and
open 2 day ago - close 2 day ago > .30 and
open 2 day ago - close 2 day ago < .50 and
open 3 day ago - close 3 day ago > .30 and
open 3 day ago - close 3 day ago < .50 and
open 4 day ago - close 4 day ago > .30 and
open 4 day ago - close 4 day ago < .50 and
and average volume(10) > 100000 and
lower bollinger band(20) has been increasing over the last 3 days and
upper bollinger band(20) has been decreasing over the last 3 days
]

xplorer
257 posts
msg #27689
Ignore xplorer
8/5/2003 11:55:47 AM

Scratch that ... I'll re-do it and post a working version ...

bob79924
38 posts
msg #27740
Ignore bob79924
8/10/2003 2:29:45 PM

I am looking forward, I think, to your post-scratch version. If I understand correctly, you are are the trail of rolling stocks, correct? For example, take a look at WGAT daily for the last few months. This is the kind of thing I'd like to be able to hunt for using StockFetcher. Of course, closer to the first couple of rolls. Hopefully, WGAT still has some more rolls left. I'll be watching closely later this month for signs of the next upward spurt. The Stochastic seems to predict it with a very small lead time. It would be nice to have a stable of rolling stocks like WGAT to give more choices.
Bob W.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #27758
Ignore petrolpeter
8/11/2003 12:35:37 PM

I'll work on a rolling scan when i get time also.Take a look at VIGN,maybe the occurance fuction might work somehow?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Daily channeling Stocks(need stock fetcher help here)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.