StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Earning info<< >>Post Follow-up
binhp
71 posts
msg #50124
Ignore binhp
2/19/2007 7:13:23 PM

Is there a way to scan stocks with accelerating or decelerated earnings ?

Thanks

binhp
71 posts
msg #50165
Ignore binhp
2/21/2007 12:47:35 AM

Earning growth is the decisive factor whether I want to trade the stock or not. It would be nice to be able to use this parameter in the scan.
StockFetcher, any chance to support this feature ?

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #50150
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
2/21/2007 7:39:45 AM

not here ...

though, wouldn't this be nice to incorporate more fundamentals then just PE and sector/industry?(rhetorical) I would love to just be able to at least see some key fundamentals ...at least, as a 2nd step to selecting my trading gems ...

rharmelink
81 posts
msg #50187
Ignore rharmelink
2/22/2007 6:51:57 PM

Why not use a regular screener to get the list of stocks, then use them as a watchlist to run scans against?

IMO, it would require a massive database to hold fundamental data "as of" each date to allow for any type of backtest over time. And you'd be talking about needing to get data from data provider that currently charge tens of thousands of dollars per year for access to that kind of data.

Niagara
49 posts
msg #50189
Ignore Niagara
2/22/2007 10:25:04 PM

I am new here, and I am trying to learn the program little by little. I will have to explore the watch list feature. Reuters, MSN, and Yahoo all have a free screening program, and there are many subscription screeners for fundamentals.

Another program which combines fundamental with technical, sort of is Investools. That is a 3000 dollar start up and sixty dollars a month subscription.

rharmelink
81 posts
msg #50201
Ignore rharmelink
2/24/2007 1:43:08 AM

A very good PC-based fundamental screening tool is AAII's Stock Investor Pro software:

http://www.aaii.com/stockinvestor/intro/

You can get weekly updates to your database directly from their website. Here is a list of the available data elements:

http://www.aaii.com/stockinvestor/programinfo/SIProFieldList.pdf

For online usage, I primarily use Reuter's PowerScreener and the MSN Deluxe Screener. The Kirk Report recently had a list of online screening tools:

http://www.thekirkreport.com/2007/01/stock_screeners.html

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #50398
Ignore curmudgeon
3/3/2007 7:41:02 PM

I know this isn't what you want to hear but but TS now has 700 fields of fundie info you can slice and dice anyway you want now.

binhp
71 posts
msg #50402
Ignore binhp
3/4/2007 1:16:48 AM

Thank you all for all your comments. I really enjoy SF and I just want to stay in this space to do all my scan work. Hopefully one day SF will provide all the vital info similar to TS, Investools ...

Binh

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Earning info<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.