StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · "Easy money" dividend plays<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69394
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/26/2008 4:27:50 PM

Check this out:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=APL

Looks like "EASY MONEY" to me!

If price of stock goes up, you make money.

If price of stock goes down, your dividend yield goes up.

X factor is if they lower the dividend.

Anyone else have any "easy money" dividend plays?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69395
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
11/26/2008 4:31:39 PM

Fetcher[
/* TRO EASY MONEY DIVIDEND STOCKS */

set{ CurrDiv, dividend / close }
set{ CurrDivPct, CurrDiv * 100 }

add column dividend yield {div yield}
add column dividend {dividend}
add column CurrDivPct{Current Div Pct}

CurrDiv above 0.25

sort column 5 descending
]

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #69397
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
11/26/2008 5:37:17 PM

above 8% yield stocks listed on tradinggoddess.blogspot a few days back. pretty decent list.

the other "x" factor beyong lowering div is cancelling div.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69398
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/26/2008 5:59:11 PM

In my inbox:

The Pinnacle of Dividend Stocks

The Miraculous Prescription for the Top Dividend Stocks

Looking for a Stock bailout in this economy can be pretty confusing. Money managers are all recommending dividend paying stocks. For a reason I suppose...

DIVIDEND PAYING STOCKS ARE NOW MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN EVER!

As stock prices are falling, there are many companies out there that are maintaining or increasing their payout, providing an INCREASE IN DIVIDEND YEILDS TO EVERY ONE OF THEIR STOCK HOLDERS.

Why not buy into a company that can sustain or increase their already high yields?

LOCK IN to high yield, high profit, money trades

Even better ...that high yield will compound every year, and it is likely that the capital gain will increase with it. In this economy who could afford not to invest properly? As companies conserve their cash, investors have an opportunity to invest in those companies that have a comfortable margin for paying out the dividend before making the investments.

GRYPHON FINANCIAL has the prescription for this painful market---Dividend Stocks!!

Our profitable money making ideas are always backed with our special formulas for the technical and fundamental research advantage.

We have searched the markets for companies with solid yields of 3.4% or more and a dividend-to-earnings payout of 45% or less.

Solid dividend players

With enough margin of error to avoid a pay cut.

These top players that I am about to reveal to you are rock solid, an attractive stocks that we expect to have high returns on invested capital even through down market times.

Why not take advantage of today's DIVIDEND returns for tomorrows future.

Dividend Prescription

THIS PRESCRIPTION TODAY WILL KEEP ALL FUTURE LOSSES AWAY

CHECK OUT THE DIVIDEND YIELDS AND PAYOUT RATIOS FOR THE 11 STOCKS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT...

mjrauch
2 posts
msg #69520
Ignore mjrauch
12/3/2008 12:55:09 PM

Three attractive dividend plays:

NLY High Quality Mortgage REIT - Very smart management with great risk control

15.5% Dividend

PWE Canadian energy trust; pays dividends monthly

25% dividend rate today, but expect a 20-25% cut.

FRO - riskier play but huge dividend 45% expect 25-50% cut

mjrauch
2 posts
msg #69521
Ignore mjrauch
12/3/2008 1:06:25 PM

scratch FRO dividend cut

but add NAT 22.5% yield

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69528
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/3/2008 4:57:45 PM

When I compare the stocks and dividends from SF with finance.yahoo.com, I don't see the same info.

Any suggestions?

SF, what's going on?

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #69533
Ignore luc1grunt
12/3/2008 5:24:11 PM

GE stated today they would maintain current dividend through 09.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · "Easy money" dividend plays<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.