StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Edgerater July 4th 50% off sale<< >>Post Follow-up
nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #159262
Ignore nibor100
7/3/2022 10:34:09 AM

Edgerater, one of the best pieces of charting, scanning, backtesting, options, sw that I have ever used, is having one of its bi-annual 50% off sales, see their info below.

Many youtube videos on how to use the sw and its already built templates/scans so you can get a good feel before you buy.

Ed S.

"The EdgeRater PRO 2020 forever license unlocks all features of the program and allows you to use all current templates and free data sources forever. It also comes with 12 months of EdgeRater Premium data which includes premium end-of-day data, options Implied Volatility data, access to our Options API and new templates

After 12 months you can continue to use the program with free data sources or subscribe to the annual premium data package for only $297/yr.

Full Featured
Powerful Reports
100+ Templates

Install on up to 5 PCs
12 Months of Premium Data
Includes Options Data

Bonus...

This offer includes a 3 session live webinar series on Getting Started with EdgeRater. The first session starts Saturday July 9th. You will receive registration details after purchase and you will be sent a link to the recording if you can't attend live.

Session 1: Setting up symbol lists and data providers. Running simple scanning templates. Sorting and filtering reports. Adding stocks to your favorites list.
Session 2: Session 2: Exploring more templates to find stocks meeting defined criteria.
Session 3: Running trade simulations to backtest your own trade ideas.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #159293
Ignore KSK8
7/12/2022 11:42:56 PM

That's some extra-mile advertising, it sounds like someone has a stake in this firm lol. The software looks decent nonetheless.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #159297
Ignore nibor100
7/13/2022 12:12:47 PM

No stake in Edgerater other than I’d like his one man operation to stay in business because he’s a great programmer; plus there hav been a long list of SF users asking for backtest sw recommendations over the years.

Ed S

VenturaTrader
43 posts
msg #159298
Ignore VenturaTrader
7/13/2022 8:42:22 PM

Ed, I agree Chris White really works hard on his product and I too hope he is successful. I paid for a three-month trial of Edgerater, but I could not devote enough time to properly test out the software. Is there a particular strategy in Edgerater you like or have had some success with?
Mike M.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #159311
Ignore nibor100
7/15/2022 9:08:48 AM

There are too many templates that I like to use the most in Edgerater, but some of my favorites are his Guppy Multiple Moving Avgs, Seasonality Now (where he computes 10 years of seasonality for each stock in the watchlist from today forward 2wks, 1mth,2mths etc., Dave Mcmullen 8/20 cross template and the TASC 2/20 template and while I don't trade options yet his new templates based on his adding 10+ years of option history data to his price databases are intriguing and he's working on tying those into Earnings date historical data in a future template.

He's doing a new series of 1 hr webinars on Saturdays to be posted on youtube, I think this week he is going over his favorite templates and how to get the most out of them. stuff like having multiple template reports open at the same time and when we change stocks each report brings up that stock and the ability to take columns from a template you like and add it to another template and it retains its functionality.

Thanks,
Ed S.

VenturaTrader
43 posts
msg #159317
Ignore VenturaTrader
7/17/2022 8:33:06 PM

Hi Ed, I have reviewed some of Mac's good work here on the forum with regard to the Guppy MAs and I did check out the Edgerater Guppy strategy. If Chris did not discuss the Guppy strategy and how to use it in the video he made yesterday, I may ask him to bring it up in the video he is making next Saturday.

For those who don't know what Ed and I are referring to, the videos should be available on YouTube. Just search for the most recent Edgerater video.

Mike

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #159318
Ignore Mactheriverrat
7/18/2022 11:25:17 AM

The poster sammyn has some good code on the Guppy crossovers.

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/General-Discussion/Guppy-Investor-Line/145262/-1/145263

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #159319
Ignore nibor100
7/18/2022 5:03:24 PM

Yesterday’s Edgerater webinar is on YouTube and he did show and discuss the Guppy moving Avg template around minute 42:15.
Ed S

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #159320
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
7/18/2022 11:07:38 PM

Off of sammyn's code SRS is on my watchlist for tomorrow . Inside the support and resistance lines.

A housing bubble burst play with rising interest rates.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Edgerater July 4th 50% off sale<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.