StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · FIlter to bring back the following stocks<< >>Post Follow-up
hutteto
3 posts
msg #70789
Ignore hutteto
1/19/2009 4:28:28 PM

Hey, I am new to this. I've played around with some filters but I cant seem to figure out how to make a filter to bring back the stocks I would like to bring back. Below are some stocks I've found with the MSN Deluxe Screener. These stocks have certain technical setup that I like (for shorting). My goal is to build a stockfetcher query that will pull in most if not all of the below stocks.

I am using bigcharts to chart these stocks on a 1 year time frame on a daily frequency. The indicators I am looking at are the MACD(12,26 EMA: 9) and Slow Stochastics(5,5)

Here are the basic PRICE and VOLUME parameters of my query:
and Average Volume(90) is above 99999
and Close is between 3 and 12
and Close has been increasing over the last 2 days
and Close gained more than 30 percent over the last 4 weeks

ORI
DPZ
BGFV
FPO
PEI
CKR
HSNI
ESC

Notice in the above stocks, the price is relatively high (at least 40% higher than they were from their last lows - in this case the last lows were in the Nov/Dec time period). In the MACD, the first moving average may or may not have crossed the second moving average BUT the first moving average is moving down or toward the second moving average. And as for the Slow Stochastic... its usually above 20. Normally I would like to see the Slow Stochastic above 90 but in this case I believe the market is about to go further so the slow stochastic may or may not be above 90.

Thanks for any help.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70790
Ignore chetron
modified
1/19/2009 6:13:54 PM

clickable...

unfortunately the majority of your stocks don't match your critieria.....

Fetcher[

Slow Stochastics(5,5) above 15
Average Volume(90) is above 99999
Close is between 3 and 12
/* Close has been increasing over the last 2 days
Close gained more than 30 percent over the last 4 weeks */
symlist(ORI, DPZ, BGFV, FPO, PEI, CKR, HSNI, ESC)

]

hutteto
3 posts
msg #70791
Ignore hutteto
1/19/2009 6:48:44 PM

What does the /* and */ indicate?

I have been working on building this query and have gotten this so far... One stock that I am using to test is FPO. For testing purposes, change the stock price to between 8 and 9(instead of 3 and 12) so it will narrow down the result set. Run the query and you will see its excluding FPO.

Show stocks where Slow Stochastic(5,5) Slow %D is above 20
and the MACD Fast Line(12,26) is approaching the MACD Slow Line(12,26)
and MACD Fast Line(12,26) gained between 20 and 90000 percent within the last 6 weeks
and Average Volume(90) is above 99999
and Close is between 3 and 12
and Close has been increasing over the last 2 days
and Close gained more than 30 percent within the last 6 weeks

I think I know why its leaving out FPO... Its the last line in my query. If you remove the last line and run it with the stock price changed(to between 8 and 9), then sort the results by symbol, FPO will be the 9th in the list. If you then add that last line back into the query and run it, FPO will be excluded.

I think that last statement is excluding FPO because its looking for stocks that have gained 30% or more since the START of the last 6 weeks. This is not exactly what I want.
I want it to interpret it as... If the most recent closing price is 30% or higher than any price during the last 6 weeks. I just dont know how to word the query to make it happen.

hutteto
3 posts
msg #70792
Ignore hutteto
1/19/2009 7:24:23 PM

Ok I think I figured it out! I had to replace the last line of "and Close gained more than 30 percent within the last 6 weeks" with "and Close is more than 30% above 6 week low"

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70793
Ignore chetron
modified
1/19/2009 8:03:39 PM

clickable....

whatever is between /* .... */ doesn't get executed....

Fetcher[

Show stocks where Slow Stochastic(5,5) Slow %D is above 20
MACD Fast Line(12,26) is approaching the MACD Slow Line(12,26)
MACD Fast Line(12,26) gained between 20 and 90000 percent within the last 6 weeks
Average Volume(90) is above 99999
Close is between 3 and 12
Close has been increasing over the last 2 days
Close is more than 30% above 6 week low

]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · FIlter to bring back the following stocks<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.