StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fed Scenarios for Tues 3/18<< >>Post Follow-up
mb504
29 posts
msg #60576
Ignore mb504
3/17/2008 4:11:34 PM

1) Give the Market what they want, risk another Dollar plunge.
2) Hold off on Cuts, Market tanks.

Note: Remember last Monday when the money flowed to the banks unexpectedly and surprised everyone? Do you think they knew something about BSC? I am looking for another suprise tomorrow (in other words they hold their position, throw maybe a tiny bone and market tanks....

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #60593
Ignore petrolpeter
3/18/2008 4:15:43 AM

Looks like their trying to kill the Bear by stuffing him with sugar,this should be interesting.Did they know about BSC?Probably.The National Observatory ought to warn folks when a black hole is approaching the EarthLOL.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60602
Ignore nikoschopen
3/18/2008 12:03:18 PM

Bernanke and Co. gave everything that the market demanded up to now. I highly doubt that they will do any different this time around. Haven't you also noticed that they go into a panic mode whenever the financial markets are near the 52-week low? It's almost comical.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #60605
Ignore maxreturn
modified
3/18/2008 12:22:45 PM

Niko, you're right. I like how Kevin Haggerty characterizes the fed as the PPT (Plunge Protection Team). This is just my gut but I believe if the fed only comes out with .5 point we'll see a selloff. Who knows...it might even sell off if it's a full point. The 132.5 level in the SPY is a very critical level. I'm sitting on the sidelines just waiting to see which way this puppy goes. Even if we get a very bullish day with a close above that level there's still a lot of overhead resistance to clear before I switch over to the bull camp.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60610
Ignore nikoschopen
3/18/2008 1:27:18 PM

S&P is already up more than 38 points. I wonder how much more room there is to rally even if the Fed was generous to give a full 1 point chop.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #60611
Ignore maxreturn
3/18/2008 1:45:52 PM

Niko, you've observed intraday action for a lot longer than I have. I woulda thunk that with such an OB condition (intraday) that this market would have been engineered lower in anticipation of the announcement. Your thoughts?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60613
Ignore nikoschopen
3/18/2008 2:11:34 PM

On a day like this, all bets are off. It's also worth noting that the fed funds futures is migrating from a 100bp cut to 75.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fed Scenarios for Tues 3/18<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.