StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter doesn't do what it says<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #31932
Ignore papagatorga
4/29/2004 7:28:14 PM

Show stocks where Close has been increasing over the last 3 days and Average Volume(90) is above 50000 and close is between 1 and 250

I plugged this filter in then back tested it for three days, guess what over 90% of the stocks were down. How can the close have been increasing for 3 days and yet almost all the stocks are down. Stockfetcher ???

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31933
Ignore txtrapper
4/29/2004 7:55:13 PM

I looked at the first two stocks from the filter below and they are correct, each days close for the last three days was higher. Do a Prophet.net 3d/13m chart and see for yourself. I saw no reason to test further.

Fetcher[Show stocks where Close has been increasing over the last 3 days and Average Volume(90) is above 50000 and close is between 1 and 250]

TxTrapper

cegis
235 posts
msg #31934
Ignore cegis
4/29/2004 8:06:57 PM

papagatorga,

I think you may be misunderstanding what the filter, and backtesting, is doing. I just ran the screen you show with a date offset of 3, and looked at some of the charts. Although many of the stocks have gone down SINCE THREE DAYS AGO, the handful that I looked at had an increasing close for the three days PRIOR to the backtest date.

What the date offset - backtesting - does is run the filter AS IF "today" was three days (the number of days in the offset) ago. That is why the charts have the days AFTER the "as of date" shaded - to illustrate what happened "in the future" for the selected stocks.

HTH,

C

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter doesn't do what it says<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.