StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · GM<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
StJoe
91 posts
msg #69285
Ignore StJoe
11/19/2008 8:44:53 AM

I did not cast my vote to subsidize the banks. Subsidizing the bank goes against capitalism which drives this great country. I drive GM vehicles and am from near the Detroit area originally before moving to Florida 4 years ago do to the collapse in the economy of Michigan.

Japan is winning fare and square. We have to hand it to them. they are a goal oriented and principled nation. They took a war ravaged country from 1950 with NO natural resources and have become an global economical giant in banking, electronics, steel and yes the automotive industries.

the government is not the answer. Our government cant solve its own problems let alone alone our economy. Our government is TOO BIG and we would do much better if it were smaller.

May God bless America!

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69293
Ignore chetron
modified
11/19/2008 11:23:24 AM

maybe the american automakers can do what the airline industry has been doing for years, lay money on crude oil or maybe american automaker hedgefund to offset any losses of their own.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #69295
Ignore petrolpeter
11/19/2008 12:00:44 PM

I have seen enough of this bailout crap already.Every bailout dollar appropriated by our government from now on,including the rest of that 700 billion,should be exacted through tax dollar for dollar the same day on the American people.

dforant1
76 posts
msg #69298
Ignore dforant1
11/19/2008 3:18:44 PM

petrolpeter
- Ignore petrolpeter 11/19/2008 12:00:44 PM

I have seen enough of this bailout crap already.Every bailout dollar appropriated by our government from now on,including the rest of that 700 billion,should be exacted through tax dollar for dollar the same day on the American people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly. If that were the case the American People would demand they go Bankrupt. Nuff welfare. Chapter 11 would not ruin the Auto Industry. Just make them smaller till they get their act together. GM has been losing $$ for how many years now? The Big 3 have to be disbanded. Competitive Auto Industries will pick up the slack and build anew again.

marine2
963 posts
msg #69299
Ignore marine2
11/19/2008 3:20:03 PM

I say this, like other experts predict. If we the people (Government) allow GM to fail this will create a tidal wave that will swamp America in job losses, suicides, riots, robberies, depression in our industrial states and severe deep recesson in most if not all our states. Sure let it happen and watch our USA fall dramatically in strength in all facets of what was once a strong country. Always remember, when we have so many people out of work and more coming means much much less tax money going into our military defense system. Our enemies are encouraged then to exploit us. God Save Our Country and our Families.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · GM<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.