StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Good automated "program" trading broker?<< >>Post Follow-up
betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #55413
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/30/2007 3:23:56 PM

TDAmeritrade can't do what I need my automated trading brokerage to do. Plus it is super user unfriendly. Is there a good one out that that yall can recommend? I know Tradestation is regarded as one of the best but I don't know if I fancy shucking out a hundred bucks a month.

Man, do you know how many things I could by at the dollar store with that extra hundred bucks a month?

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #55431
Ignore stocktrader
9/30/2007 11:00:19 PM

Spent more than a year setting up my ultimate semi-auto mechanical trading setup.
This is not entirely automatic, but I'm not sure I'd like someone executing trades with my money.

I use TDAmeritrade with the conditional order, OTT (one triggers two).
Order1: market (with my "one" SF filter pick)
Order2: market on close
Order3: Trailling Stop

Monitor this from anywhere with my iPhone.
No emotions, open to close...done.

There are some 3rd party sites that will do trades. I can dig them up, but wouldn't trust them.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #55453
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
10/1/2007 6:54:31 PM

Actually that is exactly what I use.

I make my buy a conditional order... I was using OTOCA (One Triggers "One Cancels Another") or something like that...a good way to have stops set up automatically when the entry is filled. But I don't use a stop loss anymore, so now I just do One Triggers Another.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Good automated "program" trading broker?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.