StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Good market for shorting<< >>Post Follow-up
Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #32004
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
5/7/2004 9:55:01 PM

I give up..I am generally a long and I don't daytrade. I am sick of this though. Stocks keep failing out of breakouts, but it seems there are plenty of stocks available for shorting so I guess I will try my hand at that. What do you guys think? Are you guys shorting or going long still?

frankis
12 posts
msg #32007
Ignore frankis
5/8/2004 5:00:42 AM

Dow has bearish price objective, according to the P&F chart here.
http://stockcharts.com/gallery?$INDU

The macd slow is above the macd fast and trending down, another
bearish signal.

OBV is also decreasing, another bearish signal and money flow is negative.

The market looks in a general down trend.

Key Near-term Technical Levels:

Index Support Resistance

Dow 10,000 +/- 10,700
Nasdaq 1875 +/- 2150 +/-
S&P 1075 +/- 1160

It is tough, I down too this year. Do you TA and hang in there.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #32009
Ignore petrolpeter
5/8/2004 12:31:26 PM

You might want to try something like this;
Fetcher[Aroon Oscilator(8) crossed below 55 and volume(10) is above 200000 and close is between 6 and 60 and date offset 0]

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #32010
Ignore petrolpeter
5/8/2004 12:39:31 PM

Fetcher[Aroon Oscillator crossed below 55 and volume(10) is above 200000 and close is between 6 and 60 and date offset 0]

.Leave out a letter and get different result,OK maybe now.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #32011
Ignore petrolpeter
5/8/2004 12:43:29 PM

Last time I hope;
Fetcher[Aroon Oscillator(8) crossed below 55 and volume(10) is above 200000 and close is between 6 and 60 and date offset 0]

.now try.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #32016
Ignore EWZuber
5/10/2004 4:09:44 AM

Since the Monthly chart stochastics crossed into distribution the market has been in a downtrend with bounces when the Weekly and Daily charts both become oversold.
It is a waste of time taking positions against the trend. Typically one will just lose money.
When shorting though, I like to do it when the index and the stock are up against resistance and is overbought. One can wait for a confirmation of resistance with a break of TL support and a test of it as resistance to conform it as resistance.
In the last 2 sessions .COMP has dropped below the 200 DMA and tested it twice as resistance and confirmed it. Very Bearish.
If it breaks below ~ 1,900 ( 50 WK.MA ) I suspect it will drop to about 1,800 before finding any longer term support.
We are coming up on an oversold Weekly and daily chart within about a week or two ( depending on how hard the market drops ). When that occurrs there will likely be a short period where some gains can be made on the upside but positions will need to be chosen very carefully as any long position will still be against the longer term trend.
These will be bounces just to test resistance.
It looks to me like 1800 is inevitable within the next 3 ~ 5 weeks.
JMHO

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Good market for shorting<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.