StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Good trading advice.....<< >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #59702
Ignore miketranz
2/14/2008 6:04:12 PM

Don't trade for action,trade for extraction.If you do the opposite,you won't be around long enough to worry about either.......

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59704
Ignore nikoschopen
2/14/2008 6:41:45 PM

For some reason, I always thought trading was a legalized extortion. The first commandment of trading I learned was "Know who you are robbing."

marine2
963 posts
msg #59720
Ignore marine2
2/16/2008 12:59:24 AM

Trading is an act of exchange. Buying, selling, worrying, wondering, being jublient, being sad, are all acts of trading. Whether we like it or not, there will be equal winnners and losers. Knowing full well that you will experience both sensations throughout your trading history. Obviously. your job is to win more times than you lose.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #59749
Ignore miketranz
2/18/2008 12:16:15 AM

Trading is all about discipline,control the emotions of fear & greed,or they will control you and your pocketbook.You can take that to the bank...........

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59757
Ignore nikoschopen
2/18/2008 3:19:21 PM

miketranz,

I can't take ure advice to the bank because they're about to go bankrupt and I'm capitalizing on it by going short. Be that as it may, ure only stating the obvious that every other useless authors have cranked out since time immemorial. These belong in the same camp as other worthless maxims as "buy low and sell high".

Of course, having the discipline to control ure own greed or fear won't fatten up ure wallet but exploiting others' fear and greed just might.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #59775
Ignore luc1grunt
2/19/2008 7:04:17 AM

Ummmmm....someone once told me to watch a stock daily to understand how it trades...priceless.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #59779
Ignore miketranz
2/19/2008 11:13:35 AM

Watching a stock trade everyday to understand it is good advice.But there's going to be a time when you're going to have to actually execute a trade.True,understanding & planning is the important,trading with real money and human emotion is even more important.Thats what separates the men from the boys......

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #59782
Ignore johnpaulca
2/19/2008 12:02:58 PM

I must be crazy ...I treat every trade like my job...just a job, no emotion when I win or lose...I expect to win every trade or else why I would I make the trade. I don't read the news and I don't research the companies I trade( very little)...I don't really don't give a dam about the company. I look at price action then pull the trigger, thats all. ( my 2 cents)

miketranz
956 posts
msg #59798
Ignore miketranz
2/19/2008 6:34:58 PM

John,you're not crazy,you're blessed.To trade without emotion is a rarity.What are you a machine or something lol ?????

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #59804
Ignore luc1grunt
2/19/2008 9:51:24 PM

John, I couldn't agree more.

Mike...not sure where the "but" came from. My little sentance implies many "non-written" nuggets. Those skills hastened the curve if you will.

It wasn't intended for a newb as a one-stop-shopping comment or for those "afraid to pull the trigger".

Sorry for the confusion.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Good trading advice.....<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.