StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anyone created a filter for the Big Trend's Percent R method?<< >>Post Follow-up
Bill_theITguy
5 posts
msg #95656
Ignore Bill_theITguy
8/15/2010 10:34:43 AM

Basically, Price Headley's redesign of Larry Williams Percent R

Price Headley uses a 30 day period instead of the Williams 14 day period.

For stocks trending upward (many call this overbought) he needs one to close above -20 (actually above -19.49). This is called a Bull Setup.

Then that same stock must CLOSE above the first bars high of the day. This has to happen within 5 business days. This is called the Bull Confirmation.

Next, we need for that same stock to (again, within 4 to 5 business days of the Bull Confirmation) to fall below -20 (actually, below -20.51). The low of that day is called the Bull Retest.

in this trading method, the Bull Retest point is considered the best entry point for a new trade and it's also your stop out point if the stock ever closes below this level.

I can chart stocks that rise above a Williams %R 30 day period -19.49 (the first part of this method), but I am stumped as to how to chart the rest so that I only view stock candidates that have met all of the criteria above and are now at or above the Bull Retest point.

Any suggestions on how to filter something like this?

Thank you

P.S. I've already posted this in the Filter Exchange forum as I wasn't sure which forum made more sense. Sorry for the redundancy.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anyone created a filter for the Big Trend's Percent R method?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.