StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How Do I eliminate OTC stocks from my scan results?<< >>Post Follow-up
mhashe
13 posts
msg #33031
Ignore mhashe
8/28/2004 5:31:29 AM

Using <market is not OTCBB> still will bring up some OTCs in the output.

robdavis
69 posts
msg #33033
Ignore robdavis
8/28/2004 11:42:49 AM

Mhashe,

Always there is a way.

Let's suppose one has a simple filter, like...
Fetcher[Show stocks where close is between 0.1 and 250]

Then (to make it real simple,) one *could* write three, nearly identical filters as follows:
Fetcher[Show stocks where close is between 0.1 and 250
and market is NASDAQ
]

and market is AMEX
]

and market is NYSE
]

This is one way one can eliminate all OTC BB stocks.

I hope this helps.

Rob

robdavis
69 posts
msg #33034
Ignore robdavis
8/28/2004 12:23:52 PM

P.S.: As always, there is a better way.

Let's suppose one has a simple filter, like...

Then (to make it a little more complex,) one *could* write one, more somewhat sophisticated filter as follows:
and set{NY,count(market is NYSE,1)}
and add column NY
and set{AX,count(market is AMEX,1)}
and add column AX
and set{NAS,count(market is NASDAQ,1)}
and add column NAS
]

This is just another easy-to-use tool one can use to (visually) eliminate all stocks that trade elsewhere. Additionally, this is one filter, not three separate ones.

I hope this helps.

Rob

robdavis
69 posts
msg #33036
Ignore robdavis
8/28/2004 1:29:59 PM

P.P.S.: As always, there is a better way.

Using the same, simple filter...

one *can* write an even more sophisticated one that AUTOMATICALLY keeps all NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ stocks, and eliminates all other stocks...
Fetcher[set{NY,count(market is NYSE,1)}
and set{AX,count(market is AMEX,1)}
and set{NAS,count(market is NASDAQ,1)}
and set{Listed,NY+AX}
and set{Sum,Listed+NAS}
and Sum is above 0.99
and add column NY
and add column AX
and add column NAS
and show stocks where close is between 0.1 and 250
]

This is just ANOTHER easy-to-use tool one can use to AUTOMATICALLY eliminate all stocks that trade elsewhere. No addtional (visual) screening is needed. Also, this is one filter, not three separate ones.

I hope this helps.

Rob

mhashe
13 posts
msg #33112
Ignore mhashe
9/3/2004 2:35:00 AM

lol, I like your attitude. Yes there *is* always another way. Sometimes it takes someone smarter to lead. Much thanks for your efforts. They were helpful.

mhashe
13 posts
msg #33173
Ignore mhashe
9/8/2004 2:01:11 AM

These scans still bring up OTCs. I'm thinking it's a root problem with the data feed source not parsing out the markets correctly.

robdavis
69 posts
msg #33178
Ignore robdavis
9/8/2004 12:00:02 PM

Mhashe,

If your scans still bring up OTC stocks, I suggest you A) name your stocks in question, be very specific, B) name the filter you're using, be very specific, and then C) contact SF's support, either by posting in the forum, or by e-mail.

To give you an example of what you could do, I suggest you read my post of 8/28/04, right in this forum, under "Comments, Bugs, and Requests". I posted at 12:44 p.m., and Tom B. really monitored the forum, read my post, and listened, too. Most importantly, he made the modification to SF's code in what felt like less than 5 minutes. GREAT JOB, TOM!

I hope this helps.

Rob

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How Do I eliminate OTC stocks from my scan results?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.