StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I've got a couple of stocks, any additional suggestions<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #69694
Ignore papagatorga
12/8/2008 7:15:19 PM

I use a trading platform from Direct Access Elite for one set of charts. I also subscribe to Prophet.Net. A couple of years ago I used a 7% stop loss. About a year ago I shortened it to 4%, now today I am using 3%. I often use a 3% trailing SL. The 5% is a minimum goal, if it appears to have some legs I may go up to 10%. Today for example with the strong open I was able to get 10% out of a last Thur trade. I am a very small fish, my account is a shell of what it used to be (thank you OPTIONS). My average position size right now is around $3000. So at 5-10% my profits are small but at this point my goal is compounding lots of small profits. I don't recommend my style of trading to most folks, I never used to trade this way. I invested for one week to a couple of months, but in todays market I have seen too many of my small profits disappear overnight. Hence my satisfaction of 5-10%. I've only been doing this for a little over a month and have only found these limited number of stocks that meet my criteria (inexpensive, sideways to slightly up, and generally have a 5-10% move once or twice a month). That's why I came here asking if anyone else knew of stocks like this so I could watch them and try to discern a pattern or trading range. I ran TRO's, RUN FOREST RUN scan over the weekend and several of them appear to have potential for me, but most are currently trading near the top of my linear regression channel and I don't like to buy near the top. I usually buy at the the end of the day so I can sell the next day if necessary and avoid the daytrading pattern. MITI has been my biggest winner, I have been in and out of it numerous times for 5-8%. StockFetcher used to have a pattern matching link where one could enter a stock symbol and check for stocks with similiar patterns. But I can't find that link any longer. If I could find matches for MITI I would be in hog heaven. Good luck in all your trading.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69698
Ignore chetron
12/8/2008 9:10:00 PM

scroll down to the bottom of your "my filter" page. enter symbol in the empty field and click analyze this button, then scroll down to the bottom of the results and you can match patterns.

hth

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69699
Ignore chetron
modified
12/8/2008 9:13:38 PM

ABC
ABM
ACO
ACXM
ADPT
EMN
ININ
RIMM
BRT

miketranz
956 posts
msg #69701
Ignore miketranz
12/9/2008 12:06:53 AM

Papa,your headed down the right path,reducing your loss %.Go to 2% stop loss,or a directional change in the stock to get you out on the downside,whichever comes first.You will save tons of money that way,regardless of your account size....

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #69728
Ignore 13th_floor
12/9/2008 7:51:32 PM

"StockFetcher used to have a pattern matching link where one could enter a stock symbol and check for stocks with similiar patterns. But I can't find that link any longer. If I could find matches for MITI"

Forget about this..SF "matches were a joke..90% of them didn't come close...look elsewhere for the holygrail...believe me!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · I've got a couple of stocks, any additional suggestions<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.