StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a way to filter out stocks with low spreads<< >>Post Follow-up
rsingh
51 posts
msg #28399
Ignore rsingh
9/8/2003 9:48:52 AM

I am only interested in stocks in my filters that don't have wide ask and bid spreads. Is this possible?

gladlynt
3 posts
msg #28402
Ignore gladlynt
9/8/2003 10:49:21 AM

Look for stocks with avgvol(90) above 100000. High volume stocks will have lower spreads. That is the only way I know of. I hate seeing 10 cent spreads also!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28422
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/9/2003 3:08:24 AM

I love wide spreads... I step in front of the bidder grab shares and then step in front of the seller and sell them.... it is called CAPTURING THE SPREAD!

chessnut1
58 posts
msg #28438
Ignore chessnut1
9/9/2003 6:40:26 PM

...like banks make money by capturing the spread between the interest they pay on deposits and the interest they make on loans. You need Direct Access to capture the spread as you describe, correct? I'm curious, do you use an ECN like Archipelago? -- BJ

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28449
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/9/2003 10:26:23 PM

Never did answer your question:

Fetcher[set{A,close - open} set{B,high - low} show stocks where B below .02]

That will give you small spreads for the day.

And to answer the ecn/direct access question... Yes, direct access is the best, but I do it with ameritrade and freetrade.

rsingh
51 posts
msg #28458
Ignore rsingh
9/10/2003 8:41:54 AM

Thanks for the filter but that is not what I am looking for. That returns all stocks that had a close trading range for the day.
I am looking for stocks that might have wide trading range but the ask and bid on these stocks is narrow throughout the day so that one can trade them easily.

I know one solution which one of you have mentioned to look for stocks with high volume.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a way to filter out stocks with low spreads<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.