StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a way to use options pricing to forecast/crowdsource likely future pricing of stock?<< >>Post Follow-up
Caspian101
5 posts
msg #121465
Ignore Caspian101
9/8/2014 11:37:24 AM

Hi, I'm just curious about something. Is it possible to use price targets of calls and puts in options to understand where the people that trade options think that a stock price will end up?

If so, is this a viable way to lead into a stock trading strategy, using that forecast to predict returns? Has anyone tried anything like this? (Please note, I am not talking about options trading itself, just using options pricing to understand where the market believes that individual stock prices will be in a week/month etc.)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #121469
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/8/2014 2:52:01 PM

Google "option pain" - lots of folks believe that the market makers will drive the price to the point where options are worth the least. That is one prediction that, if true, you can use to your advantage.

Caspian101
5 posts
msg #121472
Ignore Caspian101
9/8/2014 4:24:33 PM

Thanks Kevin, I will take a peek.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there a way to use options pricing to forecast/crowdsource likely future pricing of stock?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.