StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there an easy wayto put the IBD100 on a SF watch list?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
arby347
87 posts
msg #54822
Ignore arby347
9/15/2007 5:49:53 PM

Now that I electronically subscribe to IBD, I can get the IBD100 in a xls file. I know I can transform it into a colum nof non-tabled data. What I can't figure out is to get easily in the horizontal delimited format needed to put it into a SF watch list.

I would rather delete the whole watch list each week and place the current IBD100 in rather than figure out the additions and deletions.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #54826
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/15/2007 7:07:49 PM

You can make a row a column or a column a row in EXCEL.

I think you copy and then paste SPECIAL.

If you google, you can find the HOW TO instructions.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #54830
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/15/2007 9:21:09 PM

I do exactly that every weekend my friend.

I download and open the IBD100 file. And then...

I click on the top stock symbol. And then...

I hold down the key and click on the bottom stock symbol (number 100). This highlights all 100 symbols from the top down, baby! And then...

I right click the mouse on the highlighted area and click on "copy". And then...

I open a blank text document and right click the mouse and lick on "paste". Then I click on "paste". That should have the IBD100 symbols in one column. And then...

I save.

Go into stockfetcher and start a new watchlist, naming it whatever you want. Now listen to me writing this carefully, this is the trick:

Click on "Portfolio Only"
That opens your empty watchlist.
Click on "Upload"
A separate screen should pop up.
"Browse" and select the text file you just saved (I usually save em to my desktop to make this part easier).
Make sure "Symbol only in first column of each row" is selected.
Click on "Upload Symbols"

That should be it brotha...Reads like a lot of steps but it gets easy after a couple of weeks.

arby347
87 posts
msg #54832
Ignore arby347
9/16/2007 12:50:20 AM

Thanks,my life just became a little easier!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #54836
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/16/2007 11:09:29 AM

Perhaps one of you could paste the column/row of symbols here for others.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #54837
9/16/2007 3:34:06 PM

Not sure how kosher that is seeing as how it is a subscriber-only feature. But heck, I'm not Jewish!

BIDU
FTK
VDSI
POT
DRYS
RIMM
FSTR
LFC
CMG
VIP
VSEA
VSEC
TBSI
ISRG
NOV
PCLN
CMED
MR
BCSI
EXM
GRMN
NVT
WNR
CLB
CNH
AAPL
MTL
SID
EDU
DSX
DWSN
GME
PKX
SYNA
AMZN
FTI
HDNG
CTV
CELG
DRC
PRFT
TNE
BBL
HMSY
SNDA
ATW
BHP
FLIR
LAYN
SLB
CPLA
CAM
CF
PCP
LWAY
OII
ARGN
LIFC
LFL
MBT
TKC
TDG
GPOR
ESI
CTRP
MT
UA
ZUMZ
NVO
ANSS
NVDA
SII
MORN
WHQ
OMCL
GMCR
CEDC
AIRM
TPX
VIVO
KCI
NILE
CHL
SPEC
MA
SJR
FTO
HDB
AMX
SMSI
SNP
DKS
TEF
TRAK
CNQ
TLVT
PDA
BLUD
ROS
GLNG

danv83
44 posts
msg #54839
Ignore danv83
9/16/2007 4:56:26 PM

Betyer maybe you can help me out? I have been purchasing IBD at the news-stand every so often and then manually typing the listings I want to add to my watchlist. I'm interested in signing up for IBD online for the sole purpose of getting their lists in excel or csv format - I checked out their site and I seriously couldn't navigate it well enough to find a solid answer of how much it will cost for me to get this service and what this particular service is named. I'm not really interested in any other memberships beyond being able to download lists of the ibd100 ibd200 etc. What IBD membership are you using / do you suggest for me?

rharmelink
81 posts
msg #54840
Ignore rharmelink
9/16/2007 6:46:24 PM

>> I'm interested in signing up for IBD online for the sole purpose of getting
>> their lists in excel or csv format - I checked out their site and I seriously
>> couldn't navigate it well enough to find a solid answer of how much it will
>> cost for me to get this service and what this particular service is named.

Their membership plan process is a mess, isn't it?

For me, I paid the $169 annual (versus $19.95 monthly) membership fee, then an additional $13.95 per month for access to the eTables. As I understand it, the eTables subscription is only available as an add-on to one of their other membership plans.

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #54845
Ignore curmudgeon
9/16/2007 8:54:28 PM

About once a qtr. IBD has a free week for their equities research package. Use it. Fundies don't change that fast and you can get in there and screen a lot of stocks in a week. Free week starts SEP 17.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #54863
9/16/2007 11:13:32 PM

Yeah, IBD is a bit of a mess. I signed up a while back wanting only the IBD100 and ended up getting billed twenty bucks a month for the whole shebang. To IBD's credit, they promptly refunded my money when I wrote to explain that all I wanted was the list. Now I pay about ten dollars a month and have the 100 fundamentally top stocks at my disposal updated every Friday.

To subscribe, copy and paste this link:
http://www.investors.com/subscribe/IBD100TopRated.asp

Using it is like injecting your filters with steroids.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Is there an easy wayto put the IBD100 on a SF watch list?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.