StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · JOE G. I DARE YOU....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28725
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/20/2003 1:07:17 PM

https://www.ipropel.com:8443/stocks/index.jsp

Who's #1?

risjr
229 posts
msg #28736
Ignore risjr
9/20/2003 6:03:56 PM

Avery

B F D

YOU ARE A MUTUAL ADMIRATIION SOCIETY OF ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU NOW HAVE EVERYONE'S PITY

RON

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #28767
Ignore JoeGrossinger
9/21/2003 2:29:43 PM

LOL! Gimmikk is #1, Gimmikk is #2, and Gimmikk is number 3.

What is really hysterical is Gimmikk states that the filters are worthless.
You can read about it on Koliga.com

What is more important you can check them out yourself with your money if you are foolish or by paper trading.

I don't believe anyone will ever get any use out of G5 because I have never seen an automatic backtesting system that works. It's a hopeless concept pitting a set of logical rules against a stockmarket that in reality is a living, thinking being. It refects the opinions of all the people that buy and sell stocks.

What G5 will always do is attract people like Avery who will want to write any kind of filter no matter how goofy, just to be #1.
Attempting to fix flaws that allow that will end up in a kind of arms race of ego vs the desire to be helpful and practical.
Good luck.

Just tossing some parameters into a hopper and hoping an elegant, profitable system will jump out is hopeless.

Filters are good for eliminating stocks you don't want to look at and presenting you with a managable list of stocks you should further investigate by using TA or FA or a combination of both.

Avery and Holy Grail have been shown their worth as ridiculous filter after ridiculous filter outshines their ridiculous filter.

A few months ago everybody was ooing and ahhing Holy Grail's Grand Slam.
Now a bunch of really goofy non-functional filters have replaced that!

When are people going to catch on?

Finally, you have to ask yourself about the mentality of a guy that would start a thread "Joe G. I dare you. . ."

Indeed, it's all about Avery and his mutual admiration society of one.

I personally don't care, if someone were to post a really outstanding filter that was a money maker comes rain or shine and accompanied it with great trading rules, I would be more than happy to give credit where credit is due.
I would give such a filter and the author prominent credit on Koliga.com and would sing their praises.
I have seen some pretty good ones but nothing I would call great and that includes my own.

In the meantime I am going to keep running my real-life simulations of some filters I have found of value and keep showing that RSI(2) is about as practical as a submarine with screen doors.

http://www.koliga.com/forum/index.php?c=5

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28770
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/21/2003 4:21:53 PM

LOL! Gimmikk is #1, Gimmikk is #2, and Gimmikk is number 3.

Yes, using the RSI parameter... tweaking it to make it better and better.

Joe, you were the one who said that I probably wouldn't post any picks when txtrapper called for the shootout. But you were the one who didn't show not me.

So, you keep doing what you are doing with your self absorbed web site.

I AM DONE WITH YOU!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28780
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/21/2003 8:29:11 PM

Fetcher[price is below .021 and 60 day slope of the close is above 0.1 and rsi(7) below 1]

Is now #1 - 817%.

All the filters that beat the penny pincher are just tweaks of it.

Bottom line is RSI rules.

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28783
Ignore txtrapper
9/21/2003 10:13:27 PM

This is #1

Widow Maker

Fetcher[price is below .021 and 60 day slope of the close is above 0.08 and rsi(7) below 25]

tx

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28784
Ignore txtrapper
9/21/2003 10:28:07 PM

And may I add that "Widow Maker" actually brings up real usable stock picks, so instead of a being just a tweak, perhaps this one is the "REAL THING" and "all the others" are just TWEAKS.

Widow Maker

Fetcher[price is below .021 and 60 day slope of the close is above 0.08 and rsi(7) below 25]

tx

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28798
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/22/2003 7:58:32 AM

Actually Gimmikk has #1 now

Fetcher[price is below .021 and 14 day slope of the close is above 0.1 and rsi(7) below 25}

Which is still a tweak of the original... nice work Gimmikk.

Haven't seen one win WITHOUT using RSI.

RSI RULES.

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28805
Ignore txtrapper
9/22/2003 9:31:30 AM

If you want a surprise, look into copywrites and inventions, it's rare that someone else hasn't been there and done that before you, we can all thank "Wilder for RSI". Call it tweaking, adjusting, tuning, re-calibrating, rebuilding, adapting, reshaping, reworking, revising, reorgainizing, whatever, better is better, and #1 is still #1.

Fetcher[https://www.ipropel.com:8443/stocks/index.jsp]

WIDOW MAKER #1.... G5 SCORE 172.79%

tx

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #28828
Ignore alf44
9/23/2003 12:37:48 PM

A stock scan that looks for stocks below 2 cents ?

Geeez !!!

Think I'll pass thankyou.

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · JOE G. I DARE YOU....<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.