StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 >>Post Follow-up
EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30530
Ignore EWZuber
1/8/2004 11:43:49 PM

I don't know if there is some kind of news behind this stock or not but technically it looks ripe for a big oversold bounce. GGNS.

wallman
299 posts
msg #30531
Ignore wallman
1/9/2004 12:57:23 AM

ZUB , thanks much for your analysis of GTI RRI TRIB,you truely are a master of the charts,what i try to do with this box filter is catch them on green and ride them back up to a new 52 week high,took 45% profit from SBYN this morning in 6 days doing just that,GTI has been an awesome performer over the last year with this filter,i expect good things from RRI and TRIB in the next few days when they hold the green,SWC and WHT i will also watch close tomorrow from this filter .....BTW, GGNS was a top watch for me today from my lbb filter,it traded very strangely rising 10% in the first minute then falling back to about 2% up and holding there the rest of the day until the final few minutes when it got hit with sells to push it down 2% at close,the last 2 days volume has been over 1 mil with the 3rd day back over 2 mil,this on an ave 400k share stock,something is up i think,good (i believe ) or bad,we should see soon,interesting, again thanks

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30539
Ignore EWZuber
1/9/2004 4:44:16 PM

wallman
I don't know, I still consider myself a student. Lots yet to learn. Congrats on SBYN, excellent work. Good pick with WHT also. Great performance today.
Had very unusual activity today on HBY also. Gapped up then sold off, which is not unusual by istelf but I don't see that kind of activity at the bottom of a cycle much.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30541
Ignore EWZuber
1/9/2004 5:52:40 PM

One way to learn from your filters is to change the date offset back 1 day previous. Then go through and see which ones performed today and which did not, then try to determine exactly why this happened. Not jusy why some showed gains but also why some did'nt.
I suspect that over time this will lend important insight into the workings of the market that would have otherwise been missed.
If stock performance can not be explained by any known means then possibly there is a vital bit of TA information missing from the mix.

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30553
Ignore txtrapper
1/10/2004 1:51:42 AM

Zuber

Take a look at TSAR on a six month chart. That makes me question the reliability of the Stochastics Full (5,3,3) setup, I guess as long as the indicators stay between 20 and 80 you stay in? What do you say about the last week of September? What period would you have sold/bought? I guess the 6m/w chart tells the tale. Logic says buy in July and continue to hold.

TxTrapper

Sure wish I would have bought 100 shares back in July.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30583
Ignore EWZuber
1/11/2004 11:53:13 AM

TSAR?
This stock trades so thinly that indicators are hardly recognizable. It doesn't trade at all for weeks at a time. I wouldn't even consider getting involved with it.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30584
Ignore EWZuber
1/11/2004 12:03:13 PM

EGHT getting ready to launch, IMO. Support is at about $4.74 ( & rising ). I do not believe this one will complete this stochastic cycle on Daily charts by becoming oversold. I suspect it will move within the next couple days. Watching for a Res. TL. break and a confirming stochastic +xover on hourly chart. JMHO

wallman
299 posts
msg #30586
Ignore wallman
1/11/2004 1:46:11 PM

ZUB,interestingly of the all the stocks over average volume 100k and price between 1 and 10 EGHT is at a 19 mo low on its bollinger band width,putting it 3rd in this catogory only behind AEGN at 21mo and INOW at 41mo,when stocks like this start to go they do just what you said,launch ......maybe TASR was meant to be the symbol instead of TSAR

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30588
Ignore txtrapper
1/11/2004 4:02:15 PM

wallman
EWZuber

Thanks Muddy for saving me, right it's TASR.

Tx

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #30591
Ignore EWZuber
1/11/2004 6:44:26 PM

TxTrapper
After I shut the computer off I thought about that ticker I figured thats what you meant.
I'm not seeing any problem with TASR in Sept. I can tell you havn't seriously investigated my posts where I have revealed the system I use.
One thing I have found, if something is offered for free or for cheap then people tend to not attach any value to it.
I'm not faulting you, it's just an observation.
What comes to mind though now is that if I do take the time to give a detailed explanation of how I would have played this stock, will enough value be attached to the response and the time it takes me to give a detailed response to make it worthwhile?
If you promise to spend at least as much time looking over my response as it takes for me to respond then I will.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.