StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up<< 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50 >>Post Follow-up
EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31654
Ignore EWZuber
4/8/2004 12:11:53 PM

ANCC finally getting off the ground. Started to have some doubts but held in there due to the low entry point. With Weekly stochastics lines completely converged now it looks like there should be considerable upside left over the next several weeks.
JMHO

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #31657
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/8/2004 4:29:27 PM

Hey EWZuber:

This thread is getting LONG, IMHO.

Any chance you can start a new one each month?

buzzcraft
11 posts
msg #31661
Ignore buzzcraft
4/8/2004 8:48:43 PM

Okay, I just have to whine a little - I finally got out of ANCC (I'm black and blue from it too). I've been in and out 3 or 4 times over the last two months and it's demonstrated what a timing idiot I am. It should be a great stock/company, all the right ideas and plans. But, have you seen all the insider selling? I know you have and that it doesn't matter. I hope you do great with this one, I'll celebrate with you! Keep us posted, a vicarious success is better than none!

--buzz

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31666
Ignore txtrapper
4/9/2004 3:45:29 PM

Members;

ANCC.... Two year/weekly chart...Full Stochastics (5,3,3) does not look
promising IMO, it's a "sell".

TxTrapper

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31667
Ignore EWZuber
4/9/2004 9:52:03 PM

txtrapper
I would be interested in hearing a more detailed assessment, full stochastics look good to me.
Anyhow, here's what I see;
The 15, 25 & 50 WK.MAs are in uptrends on the weekly chart. So they can all serve as support and will not serve well as resistance, just as a MA will not serve well as support if it is in a downtrend.
The 25 & 50 DMAs are in a very slight downtrend and are still functioning as resistance. Thursday ANCC bounced down confirming the 25 DMA as resistance for now.

The selling volumeon the Weekly chart has declined quickly and looks good.
You can see that the week of 3/14 the stock attempted to bounce up off the 25 WK.MA but stochastics were still in distribution phase and had a good ways to go.
Selling volume went from 14 Mill. ( week of 3/21 ) to 7 Mill the following week then we got a bounce up off the 50 WK.MA. while stochastics are now oversold with %K & %D have almost completely converged.
This indicates that this is likely just the start of a longer term move higher ( accumulation phase ) and gives ANCC plenty of time to get the 25 & 50 DMAs in an uptrend on the Daily chart.
With an entry at $1.06, just 6C above the bottom, the upside potential is considerable. With the only resistance above the 50 DMA at $1.57 this offers a reasonable potential gain of 50% over the entry. If that resistance is broken then it could be much greater.
I like to try to get in at the bottom, it offers a greater level of safety.
JMHO

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31668
Ignore EWZuber
4/9/2004 10:37:33 PM

XYBR...also bounced up off the 15 Month MA. on Thurs. on huge volume. About 10X ADV.

MWAV...Looks prime for a bounce up off of the 25 DMA. Hourly chart shows a beautiful descending TL and looks like it may form a double bottom around $ 3 ~ $3.04. It closed right up against TL Res. Thurs. but is overbought on the 5 min. chart.

JMHO

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #31669
Ignore txtrapper
4/10/2004 10:59:35 AM

Members;

I follow Stan Weinstein's Model closely for stock entry, here is an excerpt from his book "Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets";

(Quote)
30-Week Moving Average
No trades may be entered if price is below the 30-week weighted moving average or if the moving average slopes downwards. (end of quote).
-----------------------
The 30-week MA seems to have an almost mystical forecasting ability, and this has been widely noted over the years and emphasized in the work of such legendary analysts as J.M Hurst, Weinstein and others.

ANCC is below the 30-week Moving Average at this time.

TxTrapper

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31692
Ignore EWZuber
4/12/2004 3:43:25 AM

cool, thanks for the reply.
I don't use the 30 WK. WMA and if memory serves me I havn't needed to.
Thursday ANCC broke above the 200 DMA and bounced down off the 100 DMA.
Guess we'll see soon enough if it makes more money. So far it's up 15% from the bottom and up 9.5% from my entry.
( Correction from previous post, latest entry on 4/2 at $1.05. )
Good fortune to all.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #31695
Ignore EWZuber
4/12/2004 4:45:04 PM

XYBR moved higher again today.
Missed the entry on POSO. Dang!
Anyone catch MACE today? It came up on a screen looking for 'oversold near 20 day highs' on Friday. Saw it this morning while up 20% but couldn't justify taking the risk that far above support. Same kind of situation with POSO.
GIGM moved nicely today. Don't think I posted this entry. Picked up a little last week at $1.46. Slept through the alarm this morning so missed selling into resistance at the cycle high of Jan. Since it is just starting to move into accumulation on the Monthly chart,i suspect there could be substantial gains to be realized with this one.
JMHO

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #31696
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/12/2004 6:30:17 PM

Hey EWZuber:

Do you have a real time feed?

When you seen that kind of momentum, you just jump on for the ride!

MACE, come on man, just buy some and be prepared to trade the dang stock when it moves like that. By the time you "justify", the ship has sailed!

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up<< 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.