StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Largest margin for trade.<< >>Post Follow-up
shelupinin
120 posts
msg #33810
Ignore shelupinin
11/6/2004 2:13:09 PM

Hi,guys !
What is the largest margin I can find at online broker? Does anybody know? I was able to find brokers with maximum margin 1/4 and not more :(
Why brokers can't propose margin for stocks like margin for FOREX with 1/100 or 1/200 leverage? Yes, it's dangerous to trade with such margin but if I know what I'm doing why I can't trade with such margin?
any suggestions welcome
thanx in advance
Alex

cegis
235 posts
msg #33815
Ignore cegis
11/6/2004 7:45:45 PM

shelupinin,

I'm pretty sure 4:1 is the highest margin you'll find. If I'm not mistaken (and I may be <g>), this is limited by the SEC, so I doubt you'll find any higher.

If you want more leverage, you may want to consider options...

HTH,

C

Trade options at your own risk...

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #33828
Ignore shelupinin
11/7/2004 5:38:17 PM

Hi, Cegis !
Thanx for answer, but I know nothing about options :( Which margin I can find to trade options? Do you know? I guess technical analysis and indicators are the same for stocks and options so there is no big difference what to trade, stocks or options...
alex

cegis
235 posts
msg #33844
Ignore cegis
11/8/2004 2:12:33 PM

shelupinin,

There's a WORLD of difference between stocks and options!

The leverage I spoke of is based on the fact that "you control a $50 stock for $1" (for example). Margin requirements are actually HIGHER for options, but with the leverage that you can get, I suppose it could be considered "more margin" in a way.

Options can be very risky, and somewhere I read that 90% of all options expire worthless. DON'T TRADE OPTIONS UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS!

HTH,

C

BigOh
23 posts
msg #33951
Ignore BigOh
11/15/2004 8:57:44 PM

Heres a decent site with some margin info for options.

http://www.cboe.com/Institutional/Margin.aspx

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Largest margin for trade.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.