StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Level 2<< >>Post Follow-up
dbyrt
70 posts
msg #56196
Ignore dbyrt
modified
10/30/2007 2:18:12 PM

Does anyone know of the best Nasdaq Level 2 data provider?

I've tried several and run them next to each other, and they're all showing different bids/asks !!! Some are missing some market makers and have others. You have to look at all three to get some kind of complete picture, and then, they still seem to missing some!!

Anyone know of a complete level 2?

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #56239
Ignore dbyrt
modified
10/31/2007 7:08:59 PM

I guess people aren't using Level 2 access!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #56240
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/31/2007 7:20:44 PM

I have Level II from TradeStation, Ameritrade and MB Trading.

If you are trading fast moving stocks, you need more than one feed in case one is lagging.

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #56261
Ignore dbyrt
modified
11/1/2007 7:25:40 AM

Thanks TRO.

Yea, I've found that some days one will lag a bit, but the bigger concern was that each one has different buyers/sellers listed, so you have to mentally construct the complete picture. On some, my own bids/asks don't show up! Which is a bit concerning!!

Dan-o
19 posts
msg #56285
Ignore Dan-o
11/1/2007 3:29:19 PM

If you are trading bulletin board stocks, the market maker is not required to display your order on Level 2. Sometimes they will display it, sometimes they won't. You can always call your broker and have them request that the market maker reflect your order. They are not required, though.

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #56296
Ignore dbyrt
modified
11/1/2007 5:26:28 PM

Thanks.......actually these are not OTC stocks, but Nasdaq.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Level 2<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.