StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
jculshaw
5 posts
msg #32963
Ignore jculshaw
8/24/2004 12:53:33 PM

Hi All I've been playing around with different values for MACD and I want to change the input from 12 26 9 to 12 26 5 but it doesn't seem that this is possible with stockfetcher. I am somewhat slow when it comes to coding so am I missing something or is it correct that only the first two variables in the equation are capable of being varied using stockfetcher.
thanks for any assistance you can supply
JC

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #32967
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/24/2004 4:16:48 PM

Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)

Parameters Period Fast EMA
Period Slow EMA2
Period Average

Usage MACD Slow Line(days for ema1, days for ema2)
MACD Fast Line(days for ema1, days for ema2)
MACD Histogram(days for ema1, days for ema2)

Description Originally developed by Gerald Appel, the MACD is a momentum oscillator employing two exponential moving averages. To create the MACD, the difference of the two moving averages is plotted as the primary plot. A secondary plot is generated which is a moving average of the initial, or primary plot. The secondary plot is slow version of the primary plot and typically buy or sell signals are generated when a crossover between these two lines occur.
A third bar chart is often displayed with the MACD which is the difference between the first two lines. This histogram provides insight into the magnitude of separation between the two lines.

Examples MACD Fast Line(12,26) crossed above the MACD Slow Line(12,26)
MACD Fast Line(12,26) crossed below the MACD Slow Line(12,26) and the MACD Histogram(12,26) has been increasing for 2 days

How's this look:

Fetcher[MACD Fast Line(12,26,5) crossed above the MACD Slow Line(12,26,5)]

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

jculshaw
5 posts
msg #32969
Ignore jculshaw
8/24/2004 4:59:39 PM

thanks Rumpled One, really appreciate that, I read that appel originally came up with two macds one to work with long positions and one for short, think the standard setting is too slow to react to market moves usefully on short term basis so I'm going to try out a few variations. Also thanks for all your interesting posts on the forum.
thanks again
JC

Wisam Daoud
1 posts
msg #156077
Ignore Wisam Daoud
3/9/2021 9:50:56 PM

I'm an electrical engineer who has developed a proprietary screener for bullish MACD divergences. If there is enough interested people here, I could start sharing the results of my screener for free. However, I do not wish to share the screener itself.
I hope to get enough interest.

Nobody
404 posts
msg #156089
Ignore Nobody
3/10/2021 10:50:04 AM

AoA Wisam,

Give us a teaser - yes

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #156090
Ignore graftonian
3/10/2021 1:26:56 PM

Sign me up!

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #156091
Ignore shillllihs
3/10/2021 1:56:19 PM

Naw

ron22
255 posts
msg #156094
Ignore ron22
3/10/2021 4:22:30 PM

Please share results.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #156102
Ignore nibor100
3/11/2021 3:22:58 AM

@Wisam Daoud,

1. What is your number of SF user responses that would be "enough interest"?

2. What platform was your screener developed on/for?

a. As this is your 1st post of SF and you are calling it a "screener", I'm guessing that it wasn't developed using SF' filter' code.

3. What evidence do you have to make you believe it is proprietary?

a. Until you start posting results so that SF users can start comparing them to their existing MACD filters it will be difficult for any of us to know that your "screener" is in fact proprietary, as a whole much less any individual screener parts.

4. For that matter, why would anyone be interested in your screener results, due to the little info that you have posted?

a. Last I knew, being an electrical engineer doesn't guarantee stock market success...
b. Are they daily results or weekly results?

c. Each time your screener is run are the results many or few?

d. Is there a preponderance of winners or losers?

e. Penny stocks or all stocks?

d. Expected hold periods?

e. Max Drawdowns?

f. Backtest data from anywhere?

Thanks,
Ed S.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #156103
Ignore Mactheriverrat
3/11/2021 4:06:43 AM

No thanks to your Holy Grail!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.