StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Market is starting a downward trend<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
happy_as_a_lark
9 posts
msg #28898
Ignore happy_as_a_lark
9/26/2003 12:14:06 AM

I have seen some outstanding long filters on this forum. They are very profitable when market is trending up. However, very few work when market is going southward. I have backtested these filters during bear market periods, and the most popular and talked about filters on this forum did not do as well as they have been performing in recent bull market.

I think it is important to recognize this since, in my opinion, we have already started reversal of the trend. I think market is going down and good short filters may prove more beneficial until upward trend is re-established.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28919
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/27/2003 12:15:45 PM

Too funny.

Look at the indices for the DOW and NASDAQ on WWW.PROPHET.NET using rsi(2) and a Lin Reg channel 100%.

You could have seen it coming...

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #28924
Ignore EWZuber
9/28/2003 3:32:07 AM

When NASDAQ broke trendline support on the morning of 9/22 it was the first indication,IMO.
When NASDAQ failed to break above the previous cycle high on the hourly chart on the morning of 9/24, that was the second indication.
The confirmation of a H&S neckline violation also made a lower low, indicating a new downtrend on hourly charts and was the third and fourth indications and fairly solid confirmations.

The thing though is to see these things coming before they occur and within plenty of time to act on them when the risk is near low optimum. JMHO

rrochon
117 posts
msg #28946
Ignore rrochon
9/29/2003 3:31:54 PM

Zube,

Your offer to assist anyone in the understanding and application of TA is very generous. How would one contact you or access your information? You can email me directly if you wish at rrochon13@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Dick

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #28947
Ignore EWZuber
9/29/2003 4:36:41 PM

rrochon
We could either start a thread here on SF or post on TECHA on Raging Bull.
If you have any questions about Fundamental or Technical Analysis feel free to ask, whether they are general, or specific on a particular index or stock and I'll try to help as best I can.
My email gets so jammed up with spam sometimes it's unusable.

mika
131 posts
msg #28956
Ignore mika
9/30/2003 11:34:35 AM

EWZuber,
I'm interested in reading some of your analysis as well. What's your ID on the RB: TECHA boards? Maybe we can even dedicate a yahoo group to this? That way you might be able to post some pics illustrating your arguments. Something like: [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StockFetcher/messages]. It will save alot of the typing. :)

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #28960
Ignore EWZuber
10/1/2003 12:13:34 AM

mika
My RB alias is '65degn'.
I could just repost what I write on RB.
Tried the URL but didn't load, let me know when its up and running. TNX

jthehut
124 posts
msg #28961
Ignore jthehut
10/1/2003 12:30:42 AM

If you could post your RB posts here as well, that would be great.

I hate the idea of joining other potential "spy" sites (like I believe RB is) so the less I sign up for these "free" sites, the better.

M aka j-the-hut

mika
131 posts
msg #28966
Ignore mika
10/1/2003 8:26:25 AM

EWZuber,
You probably need to sign up first. The reason I like the Yahoo Groups is 'cause they allows you to upload files. In fact they allow 20MB of space per group. That's alot of charts to illustrate a point. :)

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #28967
Ignore EWZuber
10/1/2003 9:10:01 AM

mika
Putting up charts would be great.
I was told that I need a JPG program to do it reasonably though and I don't have that.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Market is starting a downward trend<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.