StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Mistakes<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55408
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/30/2007 1:38:28 PM

Edward de Bono's Message for Today - 1st October 2007

Mistakes arise directly from the way the mind handles information; not through stupidity or carelessness.

The same processes that make the mind so effective a thinking device are also responsible for the mistakes.

The monorail mistake simply involves going directly from one idea to another in an inevitable manner and ignoring all qualifying factors.

Measurement is a tool we have created deliberately to cope with the magnitude mistake.

The misfit mistake is very easy to make because the mind cannot really notice all there is to be noticed.

The must-be mistake is a mistake in the future rather than in the present or in the past.

The must-be mistake can be recognized when one compares the idea as it is to the way it could develop were it not prevented by arrogance from changing at all.

An arrogance-clamp stops the normal evolutionary process by which ideas can get better and better.

The miss-out mistake arises when a conclusion that is based on only part of the situation is applied to the whole situation.

© Edward de Bono, 1971. " Practical Thinking "
Published by Jonathan Cape, 1971, Penguin Books, 1976.

moby
314 posts
msg #55411
Ignore moby
9/30/2007 2:53:04 PM

Hi TheRumpledOne,

I was reading one of your posts a long way back
re: your RSI(2) < 1....I think it's brilliant.

When you say to load the boat when it's green....do you mean it has to go above the 5ema or close above the 5ema ?

Also then, if I buy when it goes above 5ema, do I close the trade if it closes below the 5ema?

If you don't have time or want to respond with your ytrading ideas, I understand. Thanks, have a nice day.

Moby

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55440
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/1/2007 11:28:23 AM

Moby:

Sounds like you are mixing a few of my trading strategies.

GREEN means that the price is above the previous close.

Better to ask me questions on the RSI(2) thread rather than this one.

moby
314 posts
msg #55443
Ignore moby
10/1/2007 12:24:33 PM

Sorry about that. I'll make sure to do that next time. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Mistakes<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.