StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Money Market Alternative<< >>Post Follow-up
wkloss
231 posts
msg #113727
Ignore wkloss
5/27/2013 2:19:23 PM

Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine, Dec 2012, page 17 has an article titled Using VIX To Forecast The S&P 500. As a system, it wasn't very interesting because it had a max drawdown of 39%.

The interesting part was when they used the system on bond funds. Since 2008, VAGIX & FAGIX had annual average returns of 14% with a max drawdown of 6%. The results were poor for JNK in 2008 with a 24% drawdown.

I believe this system could be a very good alternative to money markets funds.

The rules are

1. Calculate a MA(50) of the daily low of VIX

2. Buy when VIX has been below the daily low of VIX for 11 days

The sell rules made no sense so I'm emailing the author for clarification.

Stockfetcher gave me the following code but I still can't figure it out so any help would be appreciated

set{my_value, IND(^VIX,low)}

set{my_avg, CMA(my_value, 50)}

close is above 10

and draw my_avg

and draw my_value on plot my_avg

wkloss
231 posts
msg #113796
Ignore wkloss
5/30/2013 1:46:19 PM

Any help in coding this would be appreciated.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Money Market Alternative<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.