StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #70844
Ignore Eman93
modified
1/22/2009 12:00:34 AM

Walid
- Ignore Walid 1/17/2009 12:26:37 AM

Eman,

C# codeing is what I do for living. Please let me know if I can be of any help. BTW, at 2:00 AM you will suck at almost any thing, get some sleep :-)

Wealth lab my be your gig, you can totaly automate trades, when it dosent lock up, HO HO. The 5.1 is unstable in live sessions....they are working on a fix.

This is the code

/*
1. Long only
2. If today’s open is below yesterdays close then I buy at a few ticks above the open.
3. Profit target $1.00 fixed
4. No stop, but liquidate open position(s) on EOD.
5. 1 trade per day
*/
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using System.Drawing;
using WealthLab;
using WealthLab.Indicators;

namespace WealthLab.Strategies
{
public class MyStrategy : WealthScript
{
protected override void Execute()
{
PlotStops();
int dayOfLastTrade = 0;
SymbolInfo si = Bars.SymbolInfo;
double ticks = 3 * si.Tick; // a few ticks

// Get the Daily closes
SetScaleDaily();
DataSeries dayClose = Close;
RestoreScale();
dayClose = Synchronize( dayClose );

// Find the start of the second day
int stBar = Bars.Count;
for(int bar = 0; bar < Bars.Count; bar++)
{
if( Bars.IsLastBarOfDay( bar ) )
{
stBar = bar + 1;
break;
}
}

// Here's the main loop - start on the second day (so that you know yesterday's close)
double todayOpen = Open[stBar];
for(int bar = stBar; bar < Bars.Count; bar++)
{
if( Bars.IntradayBarNumber( bar ) == 0 )
{
todayOpen = Open[bar];
dayOfLastTrade = 0;
}

if (IsLastPositionActive)
{
Position p = LastPosition;
if( Bars.IsLastBarOfDay(bar) )
{
if( bar == Bars.Count - 1 )
SellAtMarket(bar + 1, p, "EOD"); // generate an immediate sale/alert if last bar in chart
else
SellAtClose(bar, p, "EOD"); // for backtesting, just sell at the closing price of this bar
}
else
SellAtLimit(bar + 1, p, p.EntryPrice + 1.00, "Profit Target");

}
else if( todayOpen < dayClose[bar] && dayOfLastTrade != Date[bar].Day )
{
if( BuyAtStop(bar + 1, todayOpen + ticks) != null )
dayOfLastTrade = Date[bar].Day;
}
}
}
}
}

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #70845
Ignore Eman93
1/22/2009 12:40:01 AM

What is nice is you can back test on 1 min data for years and years if you like.

I can send it to you in a text file if you like...I burned a lot of hours trying to get it to work.

I can send any other info, I think I have the manual in a PDF.

The thing I like about the MTC is you can see the stats and you can see it work every day.

On Gap down days you win a dollar 80% of the time.

Just a quick thought, if put your stop loss at $1.00 and won a $1.00 at a rate of 80% after a 100 trades with 1 share you stand to profit 80 dollars. so at 1000 shares you make 80000, it is very cash intesive, we need a way to catch the runners too.

I can only go long hence the gap down play.

I have a day job and cant trade all day long or I would just do the MTC all day long, I would spring for the 100 a month for Trade Station and build the MTC radar like TRO has, it is very hard (for me any way) to gage the action from a simple watch list and by the time you flip through 5 stock charts you have missed the trade.

I thank you for your willingness to help in this endevor......

nojobmaui
19 posts
msg #70865
Ignore nojobmaui
1/23/2009 12:39:28 AM

Eman
It so incredible that you have done this! Thank you

nojobmaui
19 posts
msg #70866
Ignore nojobmaui
1/23/2009 12:55:48 AM

HI Eman
Are you saying that your code will autotrade MTC with Tradestation? IS there anything I can do to help you?

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #70869
Ignore Eman93
modified
1/23/2009 7:28:20 AM

NO NO

This is code for Wealth Lab........

It is a work in progress.

I have tried to use it for alerts but it has issues...

Walid has offered to work on it.

Go back a few pages and look at the stats

Walid
130 posts
msg #70891
Ignore Walid
1/23/2009 12:33:58 PM

Hi Eman,

Sorry I couldn't get to you any earlier. I will download the 30 trail and play with it a little. BTW, did you buy the program or using the 30 days trail?

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #70907
Ignore Eman93
1/23/2009 4:00:21 PM

My 401k is with Fidelity..they provide it free if you have enough trades...like 100 a year or something.

I can send you the manual if you like, I have it downloaded on a PDF.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #70910
Ignore Eman93
1/23/2009 4:13:58 PM

I will start a new topic in General Discussion on Auto Trading... I dont want to hijack TRO's thread.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #71129
Ignore TheRumpledOne
2/2/2009 9:46:19 AM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

stratigf
43 posts
msg #71131
Ignore stratigf
2/2/2009 10:22:10 AM

welcome back TRO

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.