StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67465
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/18/2008 8:37:35 PM

I can't ban you from my thread.

I simply said, "IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CONTENT, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT!"

If think it's garbage, then why on earth did you return?

Of course, you don't think they can be wrong because you do NOT want to.

Why haven't I been banned on StockFetcher?

Because nothing I do is a threat to them or their cash flow!!

There are no add on vendors.

There are no click through ads.

There are no brokers sponsoring.

I add value to StockFetcher in the form of filters, teaching, systems, coding, assistance, etc...

Some traders are here because of me.

Some traders stay here because of me.

It's that simple!!

I hope that you NEVER sit on a jury unless you change your attitude.

You have to look at ALL OF THE EVIDENCE.

Someone may have committed crimes in the past but it DOES NOT MEAN they committed the crime they are being tried for.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67466
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/18/2008 8:39:36 PM

StJoe

TRO,
So the "gap" is the differance between the close and the open?
If so, so you short if it opens above the previous close and if it opens below the previous close then go long?
Thanks

===========================================

Yes, the "gap" is the difference between the close and the open.

You go short if the price opens above the previous close AND moves at least $.10 towards the close.

You go long if the price opens below the previous close AND moves at least $.10 towards the close.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67470
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/18/2008 8:56:58 PM

Banned
FX-Men Honorary Member

I am very tired after the events of the last 24 hours.

I will try to start afresh tomorrow.

First on the agenda is the stock market where gold is rocketing up, then collating some documents for the Babypips staff, then its on to getting those improvements off the ground.
================================================

TYMEN IS NOW BANNED FROM BABYPIPS.

OBVIOUSLY, THEY SEE THE TRUTH!!

thenakedsingularity
12 posts
msg #67476
Ignore thenakedsingularity
9/18/2008 10:14:02 PM

What is the difference between 0.1 and 0.2 zone? And does 0.1/0.2 works for all stocks or just APPL? How do you determine that for any given stock? Thanks.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67477
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/18/2008 10:24:21 PM

You can enter a long trade anywhere from open + $.10 to open + $.20.. after that you are chasing.

This works on the stocks that I call COWS - stocks that have the stats that say, if price moves $.10 chances are it will move $.50 or more.

Fetcher[
/* TRO MTC CHECKER */

set{ hiop, high - open }
set{ up10, count( hiop > 0.09, 100 ) }
set{ up50, count( hiop > 0.49, 100 ) }
set{ pct1, up50 / up10 }
set{winpct, 100 * pct1 }

add column up10
add column up50
add column winpct

up50 above 79

average volume(90) above 1000000

market is nasdaq

sort column 7 descending
]

IF YOU DON'T SEE IT, THEN DON'T TRADE IT.

thenakedsingularity
12 posts
msg #67512
Ignore thenakedsingularity
9/19/2008 11:01:36 AM

uh, I see what you are doing there. very nice. basic pattern picking.

I understand now what you are doing with 0.1-0.2 band. my question is , take AAPL's action from yesterday, so you fade the gap, you wait for the buying zone (or trading zone), and you go short when it falls between 0.1 and 0.2 below opening price. That works well. But when do you recover, and when do you go long again? Do you re-establish that TZ again at some point during the day? (using yesterday's action as an example?)

Thanks TRO!

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #67585
Ignore SFMc01
9/22/2008 3:54:54 PM

TRO: You stated: 9/18/2008 10:24:21 PM

You can enter a long trade anywhere from open + $.10 to open + $.20.. after that you are chasing.

This works on the stocks that I call COWS - stocks that have the stats that say, if price moves $.10 chances are it will move $.50 or more"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Respectfully, my questions are:

#1; "Chances Are": Do you establish any type of stop loss? ... either numerically or criteria or movement pattern?

#2; When do you get out with your profit? Do you take the $.50 and run, or again, is there some pattern or criteria that causes your exit?

Thank you. I appreciate your generous sharing of your experience. ... Steve

tdavisfn
13 posts
msg #67594
Ignore tdavisfn
9/22/2008 5:39:08 PM

TRO > have you milked JRCC yet? It showed up on MTC filter list and given the price its cheap enough to buy more shares than the other high rollers.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67609
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/23/2008 12:47:25 AM

thenakedsingularity

uh, I see what you are doing there. very nice. basic pattern picking.

I understand now what you are doing with 0.1-0.2 band. my question is , take AAPL's action from yesterday, so you fade the gap, you wait for the buying zone (or trading zone), and you go short when it falls between 0.1 and 0.2 below opening price. That works well. But when do you recover, and when do you go long again? Do you re-establish that TZ again at some point during the day? (using yesterday's action as an example?)

Thanks TRO!
==========================================================================

NO, the Buy Zone is the same everyday! The Buy Zone never changes. The lines are always plotted at OPEN +/- $.10 and $.20

Not sure what you mean by "recover".

This is SIMPLE.

Do NOT try to complicate it.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67610
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/23/2008 12:50:08 AM

Respectfully, my questions are:

#1; "Chances Are": Do you establish any type of stop loss? ... either numerically or criteria or movement pattern?

#2; When do you get out with your profit? Do you take the $.50 and run, or again, is there some pattern or criteria that causes your exit?

Thank you. I appreciate your generous sharing of your experience. ... Steve

=======================================================================

1) If you can't see that the STOP LOSS is BUILT IN then DO NOT TRADE THIS. If you are LONG and price drops into the SHORT ZONE, it should be OBVIOUS to the reader what to do.

2) You take whatever profit you can whenever you can. You do NOT know what's going to happen next. You will leave money on the table. So what? It's like breaking and entering, the longer you take filling up your bag, the more likely you'll get busted. SMASH, GRAB and RUN!!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.