StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
fortyfour
189 posts
msg #86418
Ignore fortyfour
1/16/2010 6:09:18 PM

Seems you must first state that you have been enlightened, in fact illuminated,
by the clarity and simplicity, ZEN indeed.

Then......HE will come.....and with a forlorn sigh ......take pity on those who
are still wandering the wilderness....

ps:

Chill , gaurdians of politeness, it IS half true......and all in good fun.
HE and I are fellow Yale grads...

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #86419
Ignore luc1grunt
1/16/2010 6:14:55 PM

LOL. We are all yale grads by the criteria stated.

How many "last filter you will need EVER' need threads are we up to?

Actually, the fading the gaps statistics filter is a great resource and tool.

Funny how it is actually easy to explain as well (one would think).

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86421
Ignore mesayah
1/16/2010 6:39:32 PM

I mean the whipsaws at the daily line can be like a blender some days from what i saw, and sometimes in the thread he talks about making $6 by staying 1 direction then on choppy days says take the nickel & dimes, and how convenient. And somehow thru osmosis you are supposed to guess the weakening trend between red & green candles both on choppy days and $6 days??? I've got news for you. green & red candles and weakening trends can happen in choppy & directional trades. Plus the fact that the 10-20 cent indicator should be a % due to the ever changing price of the stock.

I like the idea of simplicity since i trade in a similar manner, the difference being that i believe prices usually come back to levels using a combination of gaps and pivot points has worked great for me. No need to think. Set it & Forget It.

In closing i want to like this, but needs modification. But i like what was attempted here.

four
5,087 posts
msg #86424
Ignore four
modified
1/16/2010 8:37:58 PM

Plus the fact that the 10-20 cent indicator should be a % due to the ever changing price of the stock.

"His way" is a static "amount".

There is no percentage.

-OR-

Do the calculation: .10 / price = percentage /* To determine percentage */

Assume stock = $20
Then: .10 / 20 = .005 = ____%

Assume a stock = $200
Then: .10 / 200 = .0005 = ____%

HTH

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #86433
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/17/2010 9:00:43 AM

I posted the same observation a while back - why 0.20 on AAPL when it is at 80, and not now 0.50 when it is over 200? Shouldn't we be looking for 0.25%?

The answer TRO gave was "that is not how the statisitcs were calculated."

Not entirely satisfying. I wrote my own variant of this MTC filter to meet my needs which just looks for the same characteristics in percentages rather than in cents.

stratiG
147 posts
msg #86437
Ignore stratiG
1/17/2010 10:21:19 AM

so i'm reading this thread and getting a headache. so tell me can you lose on a daily basis? are there days when you lose? i'm getting it a little more but what prevents you from making a 5 minute video to compress and simplify this amazing technique?

mesayah
- Ignore mesayah
modified 1/16/2010 1:32:02 AM

OK Brother. Great thread and i dig, but you have to be more upfront about your schism about scalping and boasting when you let it ride, for anyone could tell that if scalping, you're out early and that's it!! And the whipsaw around the red & blue lines can rip u a new anus... but a very interesting read.

1 question. If you go long and get out and price comes back to blue, can you opt to go long again? Or do you opt to go alternately long lets say after a red candle turns green again way above the zone?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My take:

scalping and boasting when you let it ride
To make this clear---I scalp 2/3 of my position let the remainder ride and manage it.

tell me can you lose on a daily basis?
I did when I started trading this system. I kept changing the stocks I was trading and was always trying to wait for price to go to .50. Praying that it would go higher.

are there days when you lose
There has been, but my winning days have out numbered my losers.

If you go long and get out and price comes back to blue, can you opt to go long again?
You can opt to get back in, but the stats are daily.

Or do you opt to go alternately long lets say after a red candle turns green again way above the zone?
Not this system. but I have been working on short at the +.50 and long at -.50, but have not traded it. Just observation.

I hope this helped Messayah. I had many of the same questions when I started looking at this. if you are thinking of
trying this method, I would suggest starting with 100-200 share lots. That's what I did.

GS

miketranz
956 posts
msg #86438
Ignore miketranz
1/17/2010 10:35:07 AM

The problem is with whipsaws.Why couldn't someone filter out stocks that open where they close and not cross back intra day below the open.That would be a filter you can make money with,stand alone.Chet????

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86446
Ignore mesayah
1/17/2010 2:23:46 PM

You know i'm starting to like this method but i'm worried about those days where it whipsaws at turnaround point all day. or is this insignificant considering how profitable other days are.

My other question is do you dump a bad long trade when it hits the daily open or when it hits -.10 red?

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86448
Ignore mesayah
1/17/2010 2:26:20 PM

So Stratig, have you done a comparison of scalping and letting it ride and only switching on crossover? Which comes out ahead or does it vary?

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #86463
Ignore tmanbone
1/17/2010 7:44:52 PM

StratiG are you calling your cows with this filter:

Fetcher[

/* TRO MTC CHECKER */

set{ hiop, high - open }
set{ up10, count( hiop > 0.09, 100 ) }
set{ up50, count( hiop > 0.49, 100 ) }
set{ pct1, up50 / up10 }
set{winpct, 100 * pct1 }

add column up10
add column up50
add column winpct

up50 above 79

average volume(90) above 1000000

market is nasdaq

sort column 7 descending
]

Thanks,

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.