StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEW Beginner<< >>Post Follow-up
DanStover
2 posts
msg #30548
Ignore DanStover
1/9/2004 10:47:44 PM

Just signed up. Would love to hear what works best. I don't want to spend a lot of time just learning this program with a lot of wrong turns. Does anybody have any beginning suggestions?

Dan

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30549
Ignore txtrapper
1/10/2004 12:44:38 AM

DanStover

Yes, read, read, read every SF post from the very beginning, that's what I did when I first joined and it gave me a headstart and I learned a lot of new strategies.

Happy to have you aboard,

TxTrapper

David_Lee
5 posts
msg #30555
Ignore David_Lee
1/10/2004 3:14:48 AM

Hi Dan ...I just joined too and can't agree more about the importance you place on time and direction. If you e-mail me in a week and i'll send whatever i have discovered by then from my records. (i have to keep them anyway, and besides, the commitment will only make them more genuine and readable.) ...david.lee5@att.net

My goal is to formulate some proper approaches and of course get them into the programming correctly. (which sounds like more than one problem) If we post what we 'both feel' are the good things here, and colaborate, others can come around and probably help out a lot. (At least we'll have offered something that might be build on)

risjr
229 posts
msg #30557
Ignore risjr
1/10/2004 9:28:29 AM

I agree Dan

Read, backtest, it's all here!

No one filter is the END ALL, BE ALL! If anyone tell's you differently, then I know someone who has some land way outside of Tucson that you mite be interested in

Many times, when your bottom fishing, it's hard to find bottom. By looking at the many filters on this board, you'll be taking the first step, DISCIPLINE, dealing as an active trader in the market

Good Tradin'

Ron

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEW Beginner<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.