StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New Forum Post<< >>Post Follow-up
meow1234
20 posts
msg #51789
Ignore meow1234
5/24/2007 10:07:50 PM

Help me write a scan or filter. I am looking to find stocks that have been consolidating over the past three weeks that could be about to break out. A good example would be AMZN where it jumped about 40%, stayed in a narrow range, then blasted through it's highs. I'm looking for stocks where the highs and lows of the past 15 trading days stays in a 10% trading range of a stocks price. For example if the stock price closed at 60, I'm looking for stocks that haven't moved more than 10% from that 60 close in the last 15 days(example 57 to 63). Also 14 day RSI greater than 50. Thanks in advance. Many stock services try to find stocks consolidating for breakouts and when they do all their followers pounce on those stocks if they breakout with heavy volume. In AMZN's case the stock ran 15% over 3 days.

meow1234
20 posts
msg #51796
Ignore meow1234
5/25/2007 1:36:57 AM

Would I use the absolute day change indicator to find consolidations?

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #51807
Ignore luc1grunt
5/25/2007 9:38:41 PM

try posting to the right forum

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New Forum Post<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.